Local Hiking/Trekking forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephirum

Mar 29, 2004
I have done some search, but cannot find any local forum on Hhiking or trekking. Any recommendation?

Thanks man. Maybe trekkin/hiking is not very popular here.

the website is not really a forum. It is just their homepage.

I have been with SAC for a couple of years and I would say they organise quite a number of trips for their members. Give them a call if you are interested.

maybe u shd go to bukit timah every sunday morning and see the number of pple there..esp in the longer trails, and the routes to Mac ritchie..and u can see that hiking is not dead in singapore yet..hehe...

or hang ard those outdoor shops lor..

hehe..best is u can start a forum..i be keen to join..

;)

http://www.togoparts.com/forum/forum_list.php3

you wanna try this forum?

regards

banner_dfs050122.png

ya i am also into the mountain trekking... hope to get some info from here too. info that i would like to have are

1. info on mountain (location, climate, height, difficulty and etc)
2. Appropriate trekking gear (shoes, jacket, backpack and etc)

The nice trekking places that i have in mind are Mt.Ophir, Mt.KK, Mt.Rinjani, Nepal, tibet... any other nice trekking place to recommend?

I have been trekking to new zealand, tasmania, swiss, tibet, nepal, pakistan....

tasmania is really nice, affordable and extremly scenic. I did the overland trek in 98, and its easily one of the best treks i have went so far.

I did the Tour de Muveran in Bex in Switzerland, a 5 day trek that allows you a 360 view of the Matterhorn.

even treks to Ophir is good. I have also trekked and climbed Tahan, Korbu, Charma, etc...

You need to tell me what you are looking out for this trek, and I can recommend them to you.

I am also primarily a gear buff, so hope to give you advice on that...:)

wow stefen, you had been to so many place already. hope that i can visit all those places you mention. maybe one day we organise a meet up to share all the mountain climbing infos and pictures. whot do you think?

sure can! I will love to share my experiences...

however, I will be leaving in less than 5 weeks time, and after that, watch out for my nick resurfacing agian in june and we will arrange a session of fun!...:)

any other nice trekking website to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.