Loansharks Harressing Police. Borrower Jailed.

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
Calls from loansharks diverted to police hotline.

District Judge Eddy Tham said:
... made the officers the 'unwitting victims of harassing and abusive calls'...
The police should release the audio recordings and I think somebody's going to pay in prison for his little stunt. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
i think he expected the police to actually investigate for him.

Such a champion he is. He can continue to borrow money from loan sharks and make it seem like it's the loan shark's fault for everything caused by he himself and I am assuming that he got bugged by the loan sharks due to overdue debts.

About loanshark....

A few weeks ago, came back from work in the eveing and found an un-named letter inside my letterbox. The address is printed by a printer... only the floor and unit is hand written. I opened it... found one of those Chinese ''Hell Note'' inside and a piece of paper with the usual O$P$ kind of thingy... the funny thing, they are looking for someone from the 3rd floor and I stay much much higher up... they even list down the borrower Name, Address, IC number and Handphone Number... and I don't even know the person. Made a police report after dinner...

No more letter for the last few weeks.... :think:

About loanshark....

A few weeks ago, came back from work in the eveing and found an un-named letter inside my letterbox. The address is printed by a printer... only the floor and unit is hand written. I opened it... found one of those Chinese ''Hell Note'' inside and a piece of paper with the usual O$P$ kind of thingy... the funny thing, they are looking for someone from the 3rd floor and I stay much much higher up... they even list down the borrower Name, Address, IC number and Handphone Number... and I don't even know the person. Made a police report after dinner...

Received such letter before too ... but without the hell bank note. I think those bugger will just try shove the letters into other units ... trying to 'embarrass' the darn borrower so that the $ can hopefully be made. Stupid method la. Those despo borrowers will not feel a thing. Just send those borrowers go squat behind bars for some months ... then can cut down some of these stupid headaches already.

About loanshark....

That ain't too bad. My friend got paint splashed onto his car along with several others and a photocopied note under the wiper providing details of the borrower.

Last edited:
ndroo said:
Received such letter before too ... but without the hell bank note. I think those bugger will just try shove the letters into other units ... trying to 'embarrass' the darn borrower so that the $ can hopefully be made. Stupid method la. Those despo borrowers will not feel a thing. Just send those borrowers go squat behind bars for some months ... then can cut down some of these stupid headaches already.

Not all borrowers are gamblers mah, some might need it for urgent medical fees, bills etc?

Not all borrowers are gamblers mah, some might need it for urgent medical fees, bills etc?

if u are in urgent financial needs for medical n stuffs, i think your relatives and friends will do their best to help u provided u are a true friend lah.
but if ppl know u gamble, even if u say u gona die tomorrow if u dont get money for whatever operation, i think ur better off dead lah.

but honestly i think the law is stupid. fatal hit n run fine $2500, suspension of license only? lets see if any of the big shots get killed in hit n run accident, will they be so lenient? maybe they will pay the loansharks to murder the offender :/

if u are in urgent financial needs for medical n stuffs, i think your relatives and friends will do their best to help u provided u are a true friend lah.
but if ppl know u gamble, even if u say u gona die tomorrow if u dont get money for whatever operation, i think ur better off dead lah.

but honestly i think the law is stupid. fatal hit n run fine $2500, suspension of license only? lets see if any of the big shots get killed in hit n run accident, will they be so lenient? maybe they will pay the loansharks to murder the offender :/

firing a firearm illegally= hanged if i'm not mistaken

Could anyone quote me something substantial that says that fatal hit and run is only fined minimally?

I found this article online: http://johnharding.com/2009/04/23/one-day-in-jail-for-fatal-hit-and-run-in-singapore/

It doesn't seem to be the case. It has to be noted that there's some bias in this article.

closest to what i can find.

Causing death by rash or negligent act
304A. Whoever causes the death of any person by doing any rash or negligent act not amounting to culpable homicide, shall be punished —

(a) in the case of a rash act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 5 years, or with fine, or with both; or

(b) in the case of a negligent act, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.

sooooo.....

the second one might be the one (negligent act)
and... looking at it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collateral_estoppel

once they came to a conclusion with the fine... it effectively
preclude relitigation of the issue in a suit on a different cause of action involving a party to the first case

so... after appeal... CE might had kicked in.

then again i'm not a lawyer. seek legal advice. i just merely googled these off the net. though its interesting to know. just learnt something new today again haha

Last edited: