Loan for purchasing of camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorrus

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
hi guys,

juz wanna ask, is there such a loan for purchasing of camera?
cos i am very keen to take up DSLR photography, but unfortunately, i do not have the financial capability to buy one, even 2nd hand.

any soln?

:(

You've got to think carefully. How willing are you to go into debt because of a camera? Do you have to buy a DSLR (even when you can't afford it) to do photography? Why not just save up for it instead? Some questions you have to ask yourself.

that's right...loan for finacial problem i know...but borrowing $$ to buy things?? don't think u will get one... :nono: why not just borrow from ur friend to learn the basic 1st, afterwhich u will then decide if u really wants to go into photography...it's a damn EXPENSIVE hobby...

i think you can only take up personal loan...not that i am recomending it though
the interest is pretty high

otherwise you may want to consider stores that allows installment payment.

why the you want to ask for loan where u can ask the netizens to donate money for you for free. just start a blog and say you need money for taking up digital photographic. a couple of 2 years back someone ask for money to buy a macintosh computer, and he exactly got the money he asked for. Can anyone know who this guy is?

zorrus said:
hi guys,

cos i am very keen to take up DSLR photography, but unfortunately, i do not have the financial capability to buy one, even 2nd hand.

any soln?

zorrus said:
hi guys,

any soln?

Buy yourself a cheap beaten-up FM2 or other manual cameras then! It is a cheap and best way to learn about photography this way. I guess you will enjoy the simpicity of it rather than taking photos relying on too much automation.

Man should control the camera and not otherwise!

yeah.. i agree with all of u... its a REAL expensive hobby.... but then come to think of it... do u want to spend thousands on a electronic ?? and come to think of it.. when u borrow $, u buy the camera. will u use the camera to do business and make back the $ u borrowed ? and will it be sufficient can constant ?? :nono:

But i think the main point that i can see that, maybe u are desperate for a camera ? or are u being tooo rash about it ? Borrowing $ is definately not good, let it be from the bank or from your friends, but if u like pple going around calling u in the middle of the night, doing things which are inpleasant to u juz to get the money back.. go ahead... but i guess... all the photographers here got their cameras buy using their paychecks and they salary to get the things they want... this way.. it makes them feel satisfied cuz they know that these items are bought using their own blood and sweat.. :bigeyes:

But i think.. risking everything and borrow $ for juz a camera ? 4get it... its totally worthless.. when u buy the camera.. and u will surely feel tempted to upgrade.. are u going to get a loan again ? hahaha... DSLR .. theres alot of things u will need, not juz the body and kitlens..... but a 100K loan will do u good... kidding !!!!!! :bsmilie:

But anway... I STRONGLY DISAGREE U FROM BORROWING $ and asking a loan from anybody else... Its for the good of u and your future and photography.. If u realli like Photography.. pick a old camera and start from scratch.. If u are looking for old and beaten up cameras, u might wanna try the Camera Hospital at Sunshine Plaza, first storey... u will find it.. the shop's door has a huge Nikon poster... and it will display TONS !! of vintage and new cameras there.... :bsmilie:

anway.. offering my 1cent worth of knowlege... i write to the forum often soo erm... dun blame me for being direct, cuz i think i muz help u to leave the idea of borrowing $ for cameras....... :nono:

;)

zorrus said:
hi guys,

any soln?

Check here out http://www.hitachi-credit.com.sg/03_consumer/01_hirepurchase.html get equote from CP or anywhere and submit with the forms.. once approve go collect ur cam n pay giro every mth.. simple? But this would only cover the DSLR body... have your thought about the lenses, memory card.. etc which you cannot use hire purchase to buy? Think carefully before you decide ya? :)

live within your means...
photography isnt the only hobby in the world y'know!

thanx for the advice guys!
yeah, i will save up first, and when i know i hv enuff, then i will commit myself to it.

=]

Please THINK THINK THINK very very carefully and live within your means.

Just keep on dreaming first for an DSLR and eventually you will get it by saving, learn the skills using less expensive SLR and works freelancing to finance it would be a better choice.

However if you still insists to borrowing, THINK about the repayment terms. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Hi, i understand the need to click man! I love photography and mainly because it captures priceless moments but...while these moments are priceless, living debt-free is a luxury most of us these days can't afford (think mortgages, card loans, study loans...) :sweat: so...why add-on another loan? Avoid hating your past time because of these loans.

However, having said all that I do know that Harvey Norman does give installment for DBS card holders and it can be repaid over 2 years...so if your commitments are under control and you think the monthly fixed (and interest-free) installments are ok...then ... but when it comes to photography - cash is best cos it's an expensive hobby i.e. your expenses don't just end there.

Cheers

just a note of concern:

how dedicated are you to pursuing photography as a passion?

how likely are you going to be caught up in buying sprees of lenses?

you'd have to consider first. all the best! :)

haha... guess i have been through something like this... especially payin installments in stores such as harvey norman and courts... but i didn't fall for any of that after reading some of the advices by bros here...

is there really a need to go into digital photography? most of the time, any normal film SLR can do the job... and cheap ones are easily available in CS buy/sell forum...i found mine within a few days...

to me, DSLRs are for those who can afford it, and for those who require them in their profession such as photographers who wants to show their clients fast results, or photojournalists who needs to submit their photos to the newspaper within the next few mins,etc

why the rush to look at ur own photos? do that at home while drinking coffee while having the air con switched on... BUT, pls do mind spills.... :D

Jason H0 said:
why the you want to ask for loan where u can ask the netizens to donate money for you for free. just start a blog and say you need money for taking up digital photographic. a couple of 2 years back someone ask for money to buy a macintosh computer, and he exactly got the money he asked for. Can anyone know who this guy is?
the guy's name is Danny. some close friend of Sharon Au too. his blog used to be www.dannybunny.com but it got shut down. the last i heard about him was that he got himself a Mac G5 ... and then i heard there were rumours on the net that his site's design was reportedly ripped off some corporate site in Europe. :bsmilie:

Danny .. if u're here, dun sue me! i only heard! i never said it's true! =X

ANYWAY ... to be on a bank loan just to buy a DSLR is unwise. dude, i've been shadowing so many photography forums, reading up much on digital photography, borrowing many good digicams from friends and relatives, etc, and all i have is a 2+ yr old PnS canon ixus v2 and a burning 4+ year desire to advance my skills with cameras that at least come with basic manual controls but too bad, too sad, i'm still only an allowance-receiving poor old soul which means i won't be able to get a new one, not even soon. :cry:

i concur with the people here, live within your means. :)

signing credit card? they do have 12 months interest free instalment plans right? its more expensive though... :think:

live within our means... i agree....
if you really wanna go into photgraphy... borrow camera from friend first lah...
at the same time save up for your camera...

it's really expensive... getting into this hobby.... :cry:

GDSNP said:
signing credit card? they do have 12 months interest free instalment plans right? its more expensive though... :think:

Never!! cos once u start signing one, u'll never stop!!!! :sweat:

How about this:Do you know of anyone who wants to sell their camera?If you do,you can always ask to buy from them and pay in instalments.It would be much better and cheaper,but test the cam first......

Status
Not open for further replies.