LKY in a story

I don't remember LKY ever sanction killing, outside the justice system... or having 'Death Squad' to get rid of those he disapprove of... :think:

I don't remember LKY ever sanction killing, outside the justice system... or having 'Death Squad' to get rid of those he disapprove of... :think:
Exactly my throughts. This 'witch hunt' without proper trial can easily go out of control when people use it to get rid of other unwanted persons. Obviously all it needs is a pack of white powder and some trigger happy boys with arms...
This is not democracy but a re-establishing of a dictatorship. Even worse that this copy here is sold as 'democracy'.

LKY's greatest achievement is achieving "rule of law" in Singapore. Somehow the western media just don't seem to get it even after 51 years. I sincerely hope that Duterte will be Philippines' LKY and lift that country out of the mess it is in now but somehow, I don't think extra-judicial killings will be helpful. This is just like how Benigno Aquino was taken care by Marcos' cronies.

LKY and SG in general are one of a kind.

The Philippines under Duerte will never resemble SG under LKY. Never ever in a million years. Phiippines doesn't have the taste quite like Singapore or geography...no need to say anything about anyone in charge there. Ambition is a weird deal on many levels.

Shame because they are good folks.

Last edited:
Hey bros I believe in nationalism to a certain limit...same with internationalism but with a much stricter sense bordering on it's not good for the world in most cases. I might be a dinosaur but I have my reasons.

Last edited:
LKY never support the idea of vigilante.

If SG have an ideology, it is LKY version of legalism,
which is an unique mix of ancient China legalism plus British common laws.

For over 200 years the people of China experienced war as their daily reality
and a legalistic approach to trying to control people's worst impulses -
controlling people through the threat of severe punishment for doing wrong - harsh laws
would have seemed like the best way to deal with the chaos.
Shang Yang's legalism dealt with everyday situations
which allowed the state of Qin to defeat the other warring states to control China.
Legalism can make a country strong but its flaws are the harsh laws,
which cause the Qin dynasty to collapse after unify China for a short period.

The British common laws are more humane so it is an ideal partner for legalism. LKY have make use of the laws to remove the corrupted elements in society that makes a country weak.

Duterte is trying to use vigilante to remove the lawless, which will eventually undermine his authority and his government. This is because he doesn't want to work within the laws.
Eventually, it will lead to chaos and more lawlessness because he cannot control the situation.

Last edited:
Duterte is trying to use vigilante to remove the lawless, which will eventually undermine his authority and his government. This is because he doesn't want to work within the laws.
Eventually, it will lead to chaos and more lawlessness because he cannot control the situation.

All thanks to Duterte Philippines will replay 三國演義 in the chaos and lawless.

800px-Hanbok_during_the_Korean_Three_Kingdoms_period-01.jpg

Please help me out uncle what am I seeing there?

Please help me out uncle what am I seeing there?

If you are referring to the 3 figure... what people during the Three Kingdom Period in China suppose to be wearing... or something like that...

Thank you bro. I see.

Interesting. Similar to the cycles of discipline visited upon the nation of Israel before the church age in the Christian sphere of the world and somewhat like what is happening to the USA now imo.

3 Kingdoms time supposedly second only to WW2 in bloody conflict. There is so much I have not learned. Wow.

Thanks again bros.

Duerte like LKY?...ROTFLMAO

Where's that @sshat MacArthur when he is needed?

Last edited:
The Philippines have now become the Cuba of Asia. Soon either the Japanese or Chinese will own them.

So did Castro...

He announced Americans out...well good he can be off the tit. Lol

First they tell us go...then say please come back...now it is go again after insulting everyone...maybe their brave Moro leader will succeed. Just sold the fishing waters...lol

Last edited:
He has strong support from his countrymen.

So does Kim Jong-un.. and Mao....

And look what Hilter did with the 'Strong Support Fron His Countrymen'... :think:

It would be strange to think that once they start taking China's or Russian money.... they won't need to bow down to their new 'Overlord'...

P.S... I really really do hope that I'll be forced to 'Eat Humble Pie' and Philippines President Duterte could deliver on his 'promise' to rid Philippines of drugs/crime/corruption/etc... for the sake of my wife's family... I really do.

What I totally disagree is all those extrajudicial killing and his need to burn bridges with old allies.. does he really think he can curry favour to China/Russia ??

Last edited: