Livia, new condo at Pasir Ris

Status
Not open for further replies.
The showflats were quite nicely done, nothing fanciful but lots of glass .... probably the units are quite small.

Prices are as expected, around $700 (smallest units are the 2-room, 880 sf), not exactly cheap or a good buy but decent pricing based on current condition. In future, that area is going to be very congested!

They will be claiming that the next phases they will increase the prices .... haha:bsmilie:

IMHO, for upgraders or enbloc millionaires , it's ok but dont think it is good to buy for investment. :think:

The showflats were quite nicely done, nothing fanciful but lots of glass .... probably the units are quite small.

Prices are as expected, around $700 (smallest units are the 2-room, 880 sf), not exactly cheap or a good buy but decent pricing based on current condition. In future, that area is going to be very congested!

They will be claiming that the next phases they will increase the prices .... haha:bsmilie:

IMHO, for upgraders or enbloc millionaires , it's ok but dont think it is good to buy for investment. :think:

So how many units have u bought?:think:

I saw this a few days ago ( i mean the info) as someone i know is staff from CDL. I heard the price after "discount" is about 660/psf and it's 99 leasehold. Also understand that the units are quite small and comes with huge planters (counted as your space).

So how many units have u bought?:think:

Once bitten, damned shy la ..... :cry:

Also understand that the units are quite small and comes with huge planters (counted as your space).

aiya, the planters are like small veranda ... they put stones, granites and some plants. I think in the end most people will use that place to hang their washed clothings.

Once bitten, damned shy la ..... :cry:

aiya, the planters are like small veranda ... they put stones, granites and some plants. I think in the end most people will use that place to hang their washed clothings.

No pain no gain! :bsmilie:

Planters they are space u paid for nothing... seriously they are waste of space unless u have green fingers but then if u really have green fingers dun think that place is big for u lor...LOL ... i suggeat got green finger one best to buy ground floor unit wif patio or buy landed la...dun waste time on this la...!:bsmilie:

No pain no gain! :bsmilie:

Planters they are space u paid for nothing... seriously they are waste of space unless u have green fingers but then if u really have green fingers dun think that place is big for u lor...LOL ... i suggeat got green finger one best to buy ground floor unit wif patio or buy landed la...dun waste time on this la...!:bsmilie:

I think buy hdb better, can put all ur plants at the corridor free one.... :bsmilie:

I think buy hdb better, can put all ur plants at the corridor free one.... :bsmilie:

Yeah, this is the truth.

Isn't it a well known fact that 99 year leasehold property has little value in an economic downturn? Maybe those in good locations near the city will command some interest, but not for those in the outlying areas. Even if you pay for a place that is near the city at half the size but double the price, you are more likely to get better rental rates or demand.

Buying property is all about 3 things.
1) Location
2) Location and
3) Still location

Value depreciates when market is not good, but when property prices are on the rise, 99 year LH do not lose out to FH in terms of percentage capital gain, with many even surpassing FH properties.

Many FH condos are not located at good lacations when compared with LH ones. There's a reason, the authorities are smart, they would not want these prime locations to be FH. Think Sentosa etc. If you check carefully the ones in district 21 Upper Bukit Timah, the condos there are mostly either 999 years or FH. In terms of rental yield, its not even as good as 99 year property.

For tenancy, tenants want good location. If your condo is in a not so good location, it bottoms down to your tenancy rate. So with a good location, you get good rental. Just look at Kovan Melody, just right next to Kovan MRT, the rental yield is very good.

So I don't see why 99yr old leasehold condos can lose out to FH ones.

Most of the buyers who bought 99 year old condos know these reasons, so this is the very reason why 99 LH ones are selling well eg. Livia, Dakota, Clover, Kovan Residences. Yes, FH last forever, there is nothing I can say to change one mindset. But in terms of investment and stay, location, I would choose 99 year any time.

Buying property is all about 3 things.
1) Location
2) Location and
3) Still location.

My experience is difference .....

1) Luck
2) Luck and
3) More Luck :think:

I am not in urgent need of a condo now, but the pricing of Livia and location is attractive to me. Should I buy or not to buy? :dunno:

Just wondering if the prices will drop down the road?? :think:

I am not in urgent need of a condo now, but the pricing of Livia and location is attractive to me. Should I buy or not to buy? :dunno:

During the launches most of the time 2nd phase launch the price will be higher n better location lor...

$650psf tell u the truth u can find any new launch project at this kind of price lor... other developer also say they spoil market!:bsmilie:

NOone will be able to tell u whether the price will drop the road but even if it drop and if u got the holding power, then hold till the price goes up then sell lor... so up or down no difference la....as what goes up must come down, what goes down must come up so u decide la... ;)

My experience is difference .....

1) Luck
2) Luck and
3) More Luck :think:

yup timing is so impt. with good timing, location does not matter....

For me, the pricing is totally bullsh1t at Livia. At $700, firstly you have a very big choice. Pay another $150, you probably can have one near Katong, town, etc...
Like I said, if you can afford and not overloaned at $700, go ahead but IMO the developers will be laughing all the way to the banks.
For me, at this current economy situation, I will consider only if the unit is at around $550 psf ... and will buy if it is below $500. But then, i only buy to invest.

IMHO, I would consider Elias Green condo (85+ leasehold) at around <$500 if this is your first owner-occupied home (thinking more of lesser bank loan). Dont worry too much, buy low, sell low next time.

For me, the pricing is totally bullsh1t at Livia. At $700, firstly you have a very big choice. Pay another $150, you probably can have one near Katong, town, etc...
Like I said, if you can afford and not overloaned at $700, go ahead but IMO the developers will be laughing all the way to the banks.
For me, at this current economy situation, I will consider only if the unit is at around $550 psf ... and will buy if it is below $500. But then, i only buy to invest.

IMHO, I would consider Elias Green condo (85+ leasehold) at around <$500 if this is your first owner-occupied home (thinking more of lesser bank loan). Dont worry too much, buy low, sell low next time.

Ok , not buying liao, unless they come and beg me to buy. :bsmilie:

I saw this a few days ago ( i mean the info) as someone i know is staff from CDL. I heard the price after "discount" is about 660/psf and it's 99 leasehold. Also understand that the units are quite small and comes with huge planters (counted as your space).

Was there just, u r right.. thgt they were 'balconies' but turned out to be planters. If u r hoping for walk-in wardrobe space, u'll be solely disappointed as I was.. Units are small, esp the kitchen; hall & dining area can be bigger..

All 2 rooms snapped out already. Fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.