LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XVIII - HAIZ!!! RAFA!!! Y U SO LIKE THAT?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

:) halo boys, welcome back to our crazy football thread where we chat abt SOCCER n LIVERPOOL F.C all the time...

sometimes abt food, sometimes abt fotography and all the time KPKB on LFC n dirty kite n see-so-sicko.

cheers!

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 19 points
2) roadrunner 14 points
3) jfoo 13 points
4) kelccm 13 points
5) blazer_works 10 points
6) zhapchit 9 points
7) dfstan 9 points
8) airfins 9 points
9) grumpy 8 points
10) canew 5 points
11) roDz 4 points
12) xen0275 4 points
13). estronutz 3 points
14). nemesis32 2 points
15). mpenza 1 point
16). dnd 1 point

Liverpool v Wigan

Anfield
Wednesday, 2 January
Kick-off: 2000 GMT

updates here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/7163897.stm

remember Wigan's gaffer is steve bruise.

1). 3-0 LIVERPOOL win! (gagalai liao!) (Stevie G, Babel) cheesecake --- > 0
2). 5-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) blazer_workz --- > 1
3). 4-0 Liverpool win! (Torres hatrick!, last goal torres) dfstan --- > 1
4). 5-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (1st Benayoun, last Torres) kelccm --- > 0
5). 4-0 Liverpool wins! (1st.: S. Gerrard, Last: F. Torres) Canew. --- > 0
6). 4-1 Liverpool Win (Torres,Kuyt,Gerrard,Babel) roDz.. --- > 1
7). 3-0 Liverpool Win (Gerrard, Torres) jfoo --- > 0
8). 8-0 LIVERPOOL Win! (Babel, Alonso) zhapchit --- > 0
9). 3-0 Liverpool Win (Gerrard, Benayoun) grumpy --- > 0
10).3-0 Liverpool Win (Gerrard, Crouch) roadrunner --- > 0

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 19 points
2) roadrunner 14 points
3) jfoo 13 points
4) kelccm 13 points
5) blazer_works 11 points
6) dfstan 10 points
7) zhapchit 9 points
8) airfins 9 points
9) grumpy 8 points
10) canew 5 points
11) roDz 5 points
12) xen0275 4 points
13). estronutz 3 points
14). nemesis32 2 points
15). mpenza 1 point
16). dnd 1 point

grumpy reporting!

Go LFC go, may you prosper at Stamford Bridge and Emirates this season. :bsmilie:

Jose For Liverpool

I've been a Liverpool supporter for almost 25 years now and I've never felt like I do right now. It's a mixture of indifference and frustration. For 18 of those 25 years I've been pining for a league championship and ever year being fed the same promises, that this is our year and we've finally got what it takes to push for the title. And every year we're found wanting.

Many of us were expecting a league title in 2003 when we had signed Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou after finishing second. Sadly it wasn't to be and after winning the Champions League in 2005 everyone thought that we had found the right man in Rafa Benitez. Again sadly I think we're all mistaken and although he managed to steer us to another Champions League final last year his teams performances in the league leave a lot to be desired.

People will point to rotation but it's not really rotation, it's resting key players when you can't afford to do that in the Premier League, as we showed when it took Gerrard and Torres to beat Derby, and Benitez's insistence on playing strange formations. The difference between the top sides is that you have to adapt your game to play them, not the other way around. Benitez believes he must adapt his line-up to whoever he plays. Playing to their strengths is what Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea do. If everyone is fit then you can probably guess to a 90% accuracy what each team's starting line up will be.

We also have in our squad too many average to good players and not enough class players. You can pass the blame here to the previous chairman who didn't have the finances to let Benitez buy whoever he wanted but this summer Benitez spent around £35m and he looks set to pay around £17m for Javier Mascherano soon. He didn't have a back-up plan to losing the tribunal about Heinze which showed a lack of foresight and that has caused a problem at the back now.

Personally, even though I'm sure many Liverpool supporters will think I'm being a traitor or not having enough faith in the manager or whatever other sycophantic reaction they wish to have but Benitez will never be able to deliver us the title. The players have a mental block, the monkey has been on our backs now for 18 years and we don't know how to get him off.

The solution? Jose Mourinho. Not now of course, but at the end of the season when we haven't won the league. Mourinho didn't have a squad of superstars at Chelsea, he had a solid defence and a couple of players who could win games for him. In Torres, Gerrard and eventually Babel we have that. What Mourinho instilled at Chelsea was the winning attitude, something which is far too brittle right now at Liverpool. If you can't beat Wigan at home or Man City when they didn't even have a shot on target then you're struggling psychologically.

We didn't even have a go at Man Utd at Anfield, we spent too much of the game trying to limit them instead of throwing everything at them. Gerard Houllier for all his failings knew how to beat United something Benitez hasn't managed in the league yet, because he would have a go and that's really all we want.

Peter Stevenson

i m fighting the urge to call josie moaningRhino as our new boss next season.

i remember that i was never this frustrated with roy evans, only with the laoya defence.

the last time i was this upset, it has to be with gerard houllier. :think:

jose as our manager? i can't really see it happening unless joes has something to prove to roman that he sacked the wrong man.

Reporting in SIR !!! I am still recovering from the string of very very disappointing resultsss :sticktong:sticktong:cry::cry:

Go LFC go, may you prosper at Stamford Bridge and Emirates this season. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup: yes kick them upside down!:devil:

:)

more good results ahead

:sweatsm:

There is really nothing to look forward to liao....only the CL is worth something to me now, but looking at the way that we are playing....:cry:

my FM record not even as gd as roadrunner's...

if they hire me is pure kelong!

but i haf alot of PASSION!! :bsmilie:

buey sai. Lately my fm kana catch virus from Rafaaaa!!!. Arghhh ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.