LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
REDS CLOSE TO JOVANOVIC DEAL​

Posted 02/02/10 20:26

Liverpool are closing in on a deal to sign Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic.

It is understood negotiations on a pre-contract agreement for the 28-year-old to join them in the summer are at an advanced stage.

The Serbia international is out of contract at the end of the season and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been tracking the player for some time.

Barclays Premier League rivals Birmingham and Serie A giants AC Milan were also believed to be interested in the former Lokomotiv Moscow forward, who is reportedly ready to sign a three-year deal at Anfield.

The capture of Jovanovic would reinforce Benitez's continued assertions that he plans to remain at Liverpool for the long term despite strong interest from Juventus to make him their coach at the end of the campaign.

If the player does complete his move to Liverpool, he has already done plenty to endear himself to Reds fans.

Just over a year ago he was linked with Merseyside rivals Everton, as well as Aston Villa, but rejected a move to Goodison Park out of hand.

"Everton aren't a big club. That club I have turned down already," he told Serbian website Blic online at the time.

That almost mirrored Benitez's insult of three years ago when, after a goalless Merseyside derby, he said the Toffees were a "smaller club".

Jovanovic averages almost a goal every other game for Standard Liege, for whom he has scored 12 in 23 appearances this season, and can also operate as left-sided forward or attacking midfielder.

Benitez has also been linked with Bordeaux's Morocco striker Marouane Chamakh, who is also eligible to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club as he is a free agent in the summer.

reporting in! finally new thread :thumbsup:

REDS CLOSE TO JOVANOVIC DEAL​

Posted 02/02/10 20:26

Liverpool are closing in on a deal to sign Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic.

It is understood negotiations on a pre-contract agreement for the 28-year-old to join them in the summer are at an advanced stage.
The Serbia international is out of contract at the end of the season and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been tracking the player for some time.

why?
is the club even sure rafa will be around next season???

well unless the owners can cough out 20mil to release rafa from his contract.. if not, he's there for good more 4 years..

well unless the owners can cough out 20mil to release rafa from his contract.. if not, he's there for good more 4 years..

Other rich clubs can buy out brudder Rodz' contract ... oops.. Rafa's contract...so, the broke back boys will be richer a bit...

Other rich clubs can buy out brudder Rodz' contract ... oops.. Rafa's contract...so, the broke back boys will be richer a bit...
can tell juve to sign RB lah...that'll solve the problem...:bsmilie:

Go Liverpool Go!!!

can tell juve to sign RB lah...that'll solve the problem...:bsmilie:

:think:
that's where you really wanna be right?
:bsmilie:

Riera: Our Spanish desire

Albert Riera has revealed how determined the senior Spanish players at Anfield are to make history with Liverpool.

The winger has recently returned from injury to help the club in their current run of six league games without defeat.

And Riera told LFC Weekly that he, Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina are desperate to be successful in England.

"It isn't in the character of any of us to turn our backs and run somewhere else when times are tough," said Riera.

"All of us would like to look back on our Liverpool career and say it was a success.

"I think exactly like them. It is clear how happy Pepe and Fernando are at the club and I have no doubt they will both be here for a very long time no matter what happens.

"They have both said to me that they want to make history with Liverpool and I share that ambition. I understand I haven't enjoyed quite as big an impact on the club as them (Torres and Reina) so far but I intend to.

"For me, if the club offered a five, six or seven year contract right now, I'd sign it with my eyes closed. Where else is there to go? Being anywhere else would be a step down. I have everything I need in Liverpool."

The full exclusive Riera interview is in this week's LFC Weekly magazine - along with a free Panini stickerbook and packet of stickers with every copy.:thumbsup:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/riera-our-spanish-desire

laypork :cool:

The full exclusive Riera interview is in this week's LFC Weekly magazine - along with a free Panini stickerbook and packet of stickers with every copy.:thumbsup:

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

hopefully with a new thread and the recent win, we can see more brothers coming back to support and make noise

the previous thread was painfully slow

YNWA

Status
Not open for further replies.