Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

May 2, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hi there,

just wondering how many Liverpool fans are in clubsnap and what are your views on Gerard Houllier and EMILY HESKEY?

All I wanna say is that Heskey is a constant "offsider". IMO, he is :thumbsd:

You'll never walk alone guys... :)

IMHO, should play him as a centre half... think he will be more useful there... ;(

Edwin said:
You'll never walk alone guys... :)

IMHO, should play him as a centre half... think he will be more useful there... ;(

Ha ha ha. I totally agree with Edwin. He'll be like Chris Sutton only opposite.

Probably if Cisse comes, he'll be like Hyppia as well.

I sincerely think more of today's young talent will be destroyed by houllier should he bring more in.

kewell is a disgrace and should have joined unbeaten Arsenal

Heskey should never play for England again

England should start with David bentley as half-striker supporting rooney and owen

finally there is a post about Liverpool in CS Kopitiam.

I am die die die hard Liverpool fans. I am also http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/ member. Had been supproting Liverpool since young.

I had posted a letter on the forum @ http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/ at the end of last season to give my view about Houllier and Heskey.

For me, if either one of them to go, I will always prefer Houllier to go. What;s wrong with Heskey ? If he is not performing, part of the responsibilities are with the manager to sign him. and it is the coach who failed to train him and failed to help him to get back his scoring touch.

But playing him do provide an advantage for the team as long as Owen is playing. Especially in Champion league. he is there to head the ball for Owen.

the game is slower in CL....we need strong guy there to hold the ball...That's why heskye is playing a main role in CL.

We at least need 4 strikers in Liverpool (not to forget that Owen is always injured) We had 4 striker last seasons....Owen, Heskey, Baros and Diouf. (Melor is a trainee, only sub when we have no choice) But Diouf was really hopeless. This season, with Owen and Baros both injured, we even had to play Smicer with Heskey for attack.

Of course, with Cisse, we will enhance the striking force and more options to partner Owen.

If one has to go, it is always Houllier who should resign from Manager.

FYI, of all competitions (including FA, League Cup, EPL, UEFA) Liverpool had scored 45 goals up to now (for this season). Heskey scored 7 of them, which is 15.5%.

If u compared this to Dennie Bergkamp and Wiltord (who are Arsenal strikers) , they contribute only 5% each of 73 total goal scored by Arsenal.
4 each for Bergkamp and Wiltord.

Compared to Rooney, striker for everton, 4 goals for total 34 goals , 11.7%.

Compared to Crespo and Gudjohnsen, who each scored 9 goals for chealse out of 71 goals in total, they each contributed 12.67%.

The result speak, heskey is not useless. May be to u, he does not score spectacular goal. But he is of course contributing a lot to Liverpool.

At least the personal goal/total club ratio is in heskey favor to justify he should stay and deserve a place in the squad.

think the main thing against Heskey are the chances he missed. another more competent striker in his position may have scored the goals.

who do you think are the really quality players in Liverpool side?

as for current squad ;

1)Chris - the keeper
2,3)) Hencoz and Carrager - for a defender, they really do their job. But Jamie lose out to Gary Neveille because Gary has more attacking minded and he link perfectly with beckham on the right flank.
4)Kewell
and 5)Sinama Pongolle

think the main thing against Heskey are the chances he missed. another more competent striker in his position may have scored the goals.

it is always better to miss lot of chances and score more goals rather than miss few chances and scored few goals.

The % and ratio that I provide speak that he is more important to Liverpool than bergkamp to Arsenal or Crespo to Chelsea.

He deserves a place in the sqaud.

The UEFA match is coming up, for sure Houllier will start with him even baros is back.

mpenza said:

Hi there,
Im not a Pool fan, but i still do think there are quality players in the Pool side. Dietmar Hamann is one, holding the midfield together. One of the most unsung hero of the game. He doesnt do anything fanciful, but does the simple things perfectly. A Roy Keane, perhaps minus the leadership.

Another is Steven Gerrard i would think. One of the few players in the English game that can really influence a match by himself (think Vieira,Totti) Perhaps people may say i may be over rating him, by at his relatively young age, his dynamism and enthusiasm that characterise the English game will bring him pretty far i would say. Even when chips are down in the game, i can really see him trying to uphold his captaincy and setting an example. One thing he can improve is his consistency to produce such perfomance. ;)

But well again, there are SURE to be people who disagree with me. :)

Regards

Just to clarify, I'm not saying there are no quality players in the Liverpool side :p For me Steven Gerrard, Kewell, Hyppia and Owen are the three players I feel are good.

mpenza said:
For me Steven Gerrard, Kewell, Hyppia and Owen are the three players I feel are good.

Now if only you could learn how to count...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

(Tongue in cheek hor... no need to get worked up!)

Actually the consensus on the ground in Liverpool is that we have a few class players. Namely Owen, Gerrard and Kirkland. The rest are fairly dodgy.

wong_se said:
FYI, of all competitions (including FA, League Cup, EPL, UEFA) Liverpool had scored 45 goals up to now (for this season). Heskey scored 7 of them, which is 15.5%.

If u compared this to Dennie Bergkamp and Wiltord (who are Arsenal strikers) , they contribute only 5% each of 73 total goal scored by Arsenal.
4 each for Bergkamp and Wiltord.

Compared to Rooney, striker for everton, 4 goals for total 34 goals , 11.7%.

Compared to Crespo and Gudjohnsen, who each scored 9 goals for chealse out of 71 goals in total, they each contributed 12.67%.

The result speak, heskey is not useless. May be to u, he does not score spectacular goal. But he is of course contributing a lot to Liverpool.

At least the personal goal/total club ratio is in heskey favor to justify he should stay and deserve a place in the squad.

Anyone under houllier is ultimately rendered useless. That is the conclusion.

If you let owen and heskey go to Arsenal , they will turn into super strikers.
Arsene Wenger will turn owen into a super poacher and run at the defence. And he will turn heskey into Christian Vieri the second.

:bsmilie:

ha...agree!!! :thumbsup:

what pool needs now is a really good Manager!!!!!!!!!

my blood pressure goes up a few notch whenever i see pool plays........last time though they lost to lesser known teams they would put up good fight against the better team.........

now...they lost to lesser known teams and better teams.............. :cry: :cry:

FLiNcHY said:

Arsene Wenger will turn owen into a super poacher and run at the defence. And he will turn heskey into Christian Vieri the second.

I agree that the manager must go. They can't be dishing out such crap with the team they've got. Phil Thompson can leave too. Nothing against them, but I feel perhaps its for the good of the club. When Man Utd buys pple like Kleberson, Ronaldo and Arsenal, despite being cash strapped, buys Reyes; who does liverpool buy? Liverpool buys players like Diao, Biscan, Cheyrou. It only goes to show Liverpool lacks ambition.
Houllier spends his time searching the transfer market for cheap and good deals, I feel thats penny wise pound foolish.
Not to mention his man management skills needs some improvement. The way he got rid of Westerveld was disgraceful.
Do not think Liverpool will achieve anything given Houllier around...maybe a few more carling cups and FA cups and a feel faarkups...oh...and a fourth place trophy..

Where is King Kenny anyway...

laugh said:
I agree that the manager must go. They can't be dishing out such crap with the team they've got. Phil Thompson can leave too.

Depends. Who would you get in to replace him?

And I think the problem most consider is not that the results aren't there (although they certainly aren't!) but that we don't have the team in the first place. As above, the only genuine class players we have are Owen, Gerrard and Kirkland. And to a lesser extent Kewell since then.

Can you honestly expect a team of Diao and Biscan etc are dishing out more crap than they should be dishing out?

When Man Utd buys pple like Kleberson, Ronaldo and Arsenal, despite being cash strapped, buys Reyes; who does liverpool buy? Liverpool buys players like Diao, Biscan, Cheyrou. It only goes to show Liverpool lacks ambition.

Kleberson has pedigree. I shot him a couple of nights ago, he was carried off injured but I wasn't altogether impressed in his short spell, and he certainly hasn't set Man Utd on fire. Ronaldo, not the one I also shot a couple of nights ago (that would have been a real signing), is widely held here to be still a failure of a transfer. And also too ambitious. £7m (or whatever it was) for someone who was unproven at international level in a deflated transfer market. And the view here is he's all fine and dandy but there's no end product from him.

Don't forget Man Utd also signed Djemba-Djemba, who could loosely be equated with Diao.

As to Reyes, it's more dubious spending. £17 million on reputation. Fact is in Europe Anthony Le Tallec is as widely regarded as Reyes; Florent Sinama-Pongolle not far behind. No idea what we paid for them. And Djibril Cisse, if the rumours prove as they appear to be, namely true, at the rumoured £14, also in theory represents a sounder investment for someone with similar potential and more experience.

Houllier spends his time searching the transfer market for cheap and good deals, I feel thats penny wise pound foolish.

In certain circumstances yes. But remember Heskey was a big signing in terms of value at the time. Don't forget Hyypia and Henchoz both of whom came fairly cheaply. We flogged £8 million on Didi Hamann who is a class act, at a time when £8 *was* a big sum of money. We bought Harry Kewell who is in the stratosphere as far as Premier League reputation is concerned (along with Giggs and Duff). Sure we didn't spend a lot of money on him, but surely that's a bonus?

Houllier is suffering from poor transfer decisions prior to the start of the 2002/2003 season. But on paper, that was amazing too. £10 million on El-Hadji Diouf. Diouf is a massive name. Twice African player of the year. At the start of that season we had the reigning European and African players of the year up front. Sadly Diouf has largely failed to deliver, but you can't tell me that's not ambitious.

Yes there have been a few dodgy purchases, but the club *is* competing on the transfer market with the best of them, excepting Abramovich's deep pockets and Man Utd's astronomical marketing clout.

Not to mention his man management skills needs some improvement. The way he got rid of Westerveld was disgraceful.

See, the man can do no right; give him a break. You accuse him of no ambition and not spending money. Yet in this instance you refer to, he spent over £10 million on a pair of goalkeepers (!). Dudek is a class goalkeeper. And Kirkland is an England number 1 in the marking, and easily the best young English goalkeeper around. Yet you've decided to focus on the parting of Sander Westerveld, who, all respect to him, isn't in the class of either of his two replacements.

Do not think Liverpool will achieve anything given Houllier around...maybe a few more carling cups and FA cups and a feel faarkups...oh...and a fourth place trophy..

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not able to predict the future unfortunately. But I for one will be happy with each Cup and Trophy we win. And each time we beat Man Utd. And each time we beat Everton. Come to think of it, anytime we win a game. Get in there and support your team!

Where is King Kenny anyway...

Actually, King Kenny left us with an ageing squad that lacked depth and future proofing, and handed a mess to Souness to take over. IF the current squad can be kept together, they can go on for a long time. The two French kids, Owen and Gerrard, Baros (who was also *very* hot property before he arrived on Merseyside), Kewell can all go on for a good number of years, and form the nucleus of a potentially very strong side.

FLiNcHY said:

totally agree!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if Houllier keeps on looking for cheap and young players, then they may as well do away with the youth academy. i mean they have got mellor!!! y dun they give him a chance???!!!!

instead of buying the 2 Senegal flops, of which one was compared to Patrick Viera :rolleyes:

I think his worst career choice was to sell Anelka and get Diouf (who IMHO looks like Ahmad Latiff). Maybe he should have gotten Indra Shadan

Status
Not open for further replies.