live view auto focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidejep

Sep 16, 2009
I've been trying to use live view mode in my camera. It seems like there is no autofocus happened when i press the shutter halfway. Is there any particular setting for this or that's just the way it is??
Help please ^^

If you're on a canon 5d2, most likely is because you have to autofocus using the AF-ON button. Kinda silly - I wished they made it possible to AF in live view using the shutter button cos I can't use the remote shutter release with half press for autofocusing in live view

I've been trying to use live view mode in my camera. It seems like there is no autofocus happened when i press the shutter halfway. Is there any particular setting for this or that's just the way it is??
Help please ^^

Let me help the gurus / lao jiaos answer since i encountered the same problem when i bought a used 40d recently.

Basically what i did was type "40d live view auto focus" in google and look for relevant threads. Hope that helps..
If Google dont have then really have to get some help here...hehe

Cheers! :)

Help please ^^

What does your manual say about it? And what camera are you using? A bit more efforts would be more beneficial for you.

ya....which cam u usin?
i'm using 50D..manual never say anything about autofocus so i thought it will be the same with normal shooting. just recently i start using the live view i figure out this thing.

Let me help the gurus / lao jiaos answer since i encountered the same problem when i bought a used 40d recently.

Basically what i did was type "40d live view auto focus" in google and look for relevant threads. Hope that helps..
If Google dont have then really have to get some help here...hehe

Cheers! :)

yeah, i forgot just how usefull google is. thanks bro

there are a few live view af modes for 50D.. one is the contrast based af detect which is very very slow.. and another is the quick af which flips up the mirror and then flips down again.

can try both.

Status
Not open for further replies.