Live projection - How to.

ron1992

Jul 20, 2008
Hi ,

Does any one has any idea on how Live projection works?

Earlier this year, I attended my friend's wedding which has an entertaining Live projection photography. Images from photographers around the dinner hall are projected on a big screen & Images are sent through almost immediately.

My Poly lecturer have tasked me to research on this.He might want to use live projection for the upcoming school events.

Thanks.

My Poly lecturer have tasked me to research on this.He might want to use live projection for the upcoming school events.

A very important tool in research is to know how to use a search engine. It's far more efficient than posting in a forum and waiting for a reply. If you will be tasked to do more research on various topics, please do learn how to use google, it will help you a lot in the future.

Oh.. I did do some research online but I guess I'm not thorough enough.

Thanks ! :)

Hi ,

Does any one has any idea on how Live projection works?

Earlier this year, I attended my friend's wedding which has an entertaining Live projection photography. Images from photographers around the dinner hall are projected on a big screen & Images are sent through almost immediately.

Thanks.

your lecturer wanted you to do research, and so you are doing your research by asking here? what kind of research is this? ~.~

your lecturer wanted you to do research, and so you are doing your research by asking here? what kind of research is this? ~.~

the "Call a Friend for the Million Dollar Question" approach

Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry about that. I have googled on "Live projection" and a couple of variations.But seems like they are all 3D projections/Live projections map..etc.

Are you guys able to advise me on a more specific terms or method that I can research on?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry about that. I have googled on "Live projection" and a couple of variations.But seems like they are all 3D projections/Live projections map..etc.

Are you guys able to advise me on a more specific terms or method that I can research on?

Thanks.

See Kei's example. Other logical things would be "how to take a picture and immediately project it", etc.

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

WiFi Memory Cards. you have flu cards and eye-fi

A very important tool in research is to know how to use a search engine. It's far more efficient than posting in a forum and waiting for a reply. If you will be tasked to do more research on various topics, please do learn how to use google, it will help you a lot in the future.

For lack of a better term , heard of something called "multi-threading" ?
Maybe , just maybe TS is asking on the forum and at the same time googling for the answer Please be nicer can ?

Before google , how people learn or get information ?
They ask

Maybe , just maybe TS is asking on the forum and at the same time googling for the answer Please be nicer can ?

Your multi-threading argument only makes sense if both activities require similar times, which they do not.

FYI I was nice already. Compared to you, who just posted here to specifically attack me. Please keep your personal vendettas away from here.

isn't that spamming? if you post in the same forum multiple times (and all of us have seen those threads locked or merged)

They ask

They asked Jeeves. but then again, back then those search engines pretty much sucked. and also, back then people read first, then asked, then they understood. not straightaways pop the main question and hope for an easy answer.

the internet made life easier due to the quick access of information. but those that abuse it even further as to not learn or just open their mouths waiting to be spoon-fed don't deserve any respect

They ask

Sorry was not clear (as I said - lack of a better term ) what i wanted to mean by multi threading is ask on forum , go google , call good friend , go yahoo , not start multiple threads , if really got time to start multiple threads in a forum and no go search online , need to foxtrot

Before there were the internet I mean ...

Your multi-threading argument only makes sense if both activities require similar times, which they do not.

FYI I was nice already. Compared to you, who just posted here to specifically attack me. Please keep your personal vendettas away from here.

Sorry TS to deviate from your qn

To do life projection using eye fi cards has its drawbacks
1) 1 card : 1 camera means the more photographer you have the more cards u need and at USD100 or so a card costs adds up
2) eye fi only developed for SD card last I checked . Those cams which uses CF cards only is out of the loop

To do life projection using eye fi cards has its drawbacks
1) 1 card : 1 camera means the more photographer you have the more cards u need and at USD100 or so a card costs adds up
2) eye fi only developed for SD card last I checked . Those cams which uses CF cards only is out of the loop

1) In an event, for a pro photog, 100 is peanuts. Part and parcel of capital expenditure in business.
2) Most DSLR cameras have SD card slots, and there are SD-to-CF adapters. Heavily discussed on eyefi forums and easy to find online with a simple search.

Eye-Fi Forums • View topic - CF to SD adapter

to do a live projection is an added benefit that the photographer and the videographer can use to sell their services. basically to create their own market with a special service that no other will attempt or will try to follow. if you want to be unique, you have to try something different. and usually that means extra cost. but if it snags you clients, why not?

1) In an event, for a pro photog, 100 is peanuts. Part and parcel of capital expenditure in business.
2) Most DSLR cameras have SD card slots, and there are SD-to-CF adapters. Heavily discussed on eyefi forums and easy to find online with a simple search.

Eye-Fi Forums • View topic - CF to SD adapter

Great QFT using the eye-Fi Link . Do note the age of the link

I understand TS is researching for his upcoming school event ? Hence he is asking as a student for the school and not as a pro photographer

Yes I agree there are SD to CF card adapters .
However , there are type I and type II CF cards and most cameras which uses CF only nowadays uses the Type II CF card which is hell of a lot slimmer than the Type I CF cards .From my own experience after searching around I only found the SD to CF Type I adapters which would not fit into the newer cameras CF Slots . I went home and googled again and realized that as of Feb 2011 , there are no SD to CF Type II adapters . But I do agree that there are SD to CF adapters

if the school wants it, then the school will definitely fork out the cost for it if it deems it usable for the events.