Live Earth 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Angelus

Jan 5, 2005
Singapore
lord-angelus.deviantart.com
BAD IDEA from what I see on TV....... :p why? Becuase they are still using up alot more power :p then saving it :p.... kekek

But the songs are good.

Support_Live_EARTH_But_not_____by_Lord_Angelus.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59269912/

LiveEarth-1.jpg

Did that on paint :vhappy:

LOL! Kinda agree. But at least now they're trying to create awareness.
"Sacrifice small me to complete the big me"
Direct translation from Chinese. :D

LiveEarth.jpg

i think it should be ". . . _ _ _ . . .", not "_ _ _ . . . _ _ _"

:)

The idea is to raise the awareness thus change the habit of people in using energy inefficiently. Saving energy doesn't mean we abandon some human activity like driving, stop watching tv. It is the habit , what we do everyday, how we think is matter. So please :D When u out of the house, switch off the main power button :D dont leave pc on stand by after visit CS or camping ebay. Charge phone when full plug out the charger from power supply , dont leave it like that whole night. Use fan more than aircon. Charge camera battery also same thing, plug out when full, even full u put there it also consume some electric.

Go outing take public transport. Go shooting use public transport. Don't drive around taking photo, walk, more street chance :D Thanks for ur cooperation, may the weather not so hot like this anymore.

The idea is to raise the awareness thus change the habit of people in using energy inefficiently. Saving energy doesn't mean we abandon some human activity like driving, stop watching tv. It is the habit , what we do everyday, how we think is matter. So please :D When u out of the house, switch off the main power button :D dont leave pc on stand by after visit CS or camping ebay. Charge phone when full plug out the charger from power supply , dont leave it like that whole night. Use fan more than aircon. Charge camera battery also same thing, plug out when full, even full u put there it also consume some electric.

Go outing take public transport. Go shooting use public transport. Don't drive around taking photo, walk, more street chance :D Thanks for ur cooperation, may the weather not so hot like this anymore.

Can lose some kg.

If they want to create awareness, is to thow those stars/bands do go and help to clean up and etc the place and have them to show the world about it.

Al Gore was saying on the BBC World Service that they except the overall outcome to have a negative carbon footprint, by people attending and watching reducing their carbon footprints. I think they will also plant enough trees to replace the carbon used up by the concerts.

Mind you, I think a lot of people going for the music rather than to hear the message. And after ten days of solid rain in the UK, people probably can't wait for a bit of global warming.

their awareness campaign wont reach far if oni consumers chip in lor. cos from businesses tt depend on consumerism will always make us want to buy-buy-buy. so their product hav shorter than should be lifespan. :thumbsd:

Let's just all do our part in a small way la.
Finish charging, unplug.
No one home? Switch off all the lights.
When watching tv, switch of com and vice versa.
LOL.
If everyone just switch off their nightlights can save alot of energy already.
;D

Mind you, I think a lot of people going for the music rather than to hear the message. And after ten days of solid rain in the UK, people probably can't wait for a bit of global warming.

in singapore, At Cine, from what I heard is that most people are there to listen to the music.

they may try to create the awareness but still? will that help to make the people understand? There is so many awareness were make. Like the "Live Aid", "Live 8" & etc. Do you know what this awareness about? The Only thing we will know is that who was at there singing. Like this "Live Earth", after a few months later, you will just rem who was on TV that day when you see the "Live Earth".

When I see "Live Aid" DVD, I only bother to listen to the songs. Did not know what was about and what was going on.

It's the law of dynamics... Performing something using least energy. Likewise for humans, doing something at their convenience.

Eg:
1) It's so troublesome and high cost to treat the waste water before discharing it to the sea. So jus discharge it at our convenience.
2) We can just bring our own shopping bags, but at our convenience, we just expect to be given plastic bags... and at most, every 1st wed of the mth jus dont go to the supermarket.
3) Again at our convenience, humans will tend to be lazy and just throw their litter on the ground.
4) it's easier to chop down trees than to grow 1 back.

Most ppl I can say do something when there's a sense of purpose or benefit. If only every1 takes a little effort... But I think the law of dynamics has to be changed by the government then ppl LL have to follow. Only then it's effective. If not, like most ppl in this thread mentioned, it's just another day, another rock concert, another family outing.

in singapore, At Cine, from what I heard is that most people are there to listen to the music.

they may try to create the awareness but still? will that help to make the people understand? There is so many awareness were make. Like the "Live Aid", "Live 8" & etc. Do you know what this awareness about? The Only thing we will know is that who was at there singing. Like this "Live Earth", after a few months later, you will just rem who was on TV that day when you see the "Live Earth".

When I see "Live Aid" DVD, I only bother to listen to the songs. Did not know what was about and what was going on.

Well, now you do know and raise awareness among here :)

:d :d :d

LiveEarth-1.jpg

I think everyone is aware but just that whether people bother to respond or not

heard after the show ended.. there were tons of rubbish left around. :sweat:

al gore ending was nice.

lol.. i have switched to energy saving bulbs, reusing plastic bottles, sorting trashes, and use less water....

but the thing is.

weather still getting warmer...

i like the 2 "polar bears" and the short flim about the buying a piece of the arctic and the match making :bsmilie:

al gore ending was nice.

He has been advocating on global warming for years.....

To get things work, i guess big nations, corporations and governments should do the lead.

All office lights change to energy saving bulbs, aircons not extremely cold...use recycled papers for documents....etc etc.

This awareness must keep on going....if not, everyone will forget about it.

:think: :rolleyes: :think:

heard after the show ended.. there were tons of rubbish left around. :sweat:

exactly, i told my friend this is going to happen while we were out shooting yesterday.

so, has this event raised the awareness of the crisis we and the future generations will be facing it we continue to be unfriendly to the environment? i think no, its nothing more than another concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.