Liu Qian Magic Show on 2010 Chinese New Year Exposed

so even the host is part of his team????

amazing.

im more interested to know how he got the coins thru the glass without his hands covering...

the analysis doesn't look right.

liu qian's hands were not in a poisition to cover up the "hole" to move to the left or right at all. besides, the guy also cannot explain the coin trick.

I know how he he made one of the 3 coins dropped to his palm.

Of the 3 coins, the centre and the right coin are actually clam spring together. A probably over sight on his part that he turned the right coin in place and the middle coin move together.

Now, the dropping coin is hidden in is lower hand, so a slam on the table close the middle and right coin together.

In the black table cloth trick, one side of the coin was black, so you cannot see the coin when he flips it over. The bottom coin was actually on other hand. Another way is the cloth has a hidden pocket to slip the coin inside.

Last edited:
On more thing. Many of these special fast magics can only work on TV as they use a slower fps recording camera, so any action faster than camera is skipped. But when you see it onsite, you will spot it.

Ah.. That explains last year's ring in the egg trick.. the ring was in the egg all along..

If the host is not part of the team, it would not be easy to get a seemingly identical ring.. and to get the host to wear it on that night..

so even the host is part of his team????

amazing.

The coin thru the glass table trick is actually captured on camera and detectable..

btw, any clue to last year's coin in glass cup trick? Was the coin shot thru the table?

On more thing. Many of these special fast magics can only work on TV as they use a slower fps recording camera, so any action faster than camera is skipped. But when you see it onsite, you will spot it.

Last edited:
刘谦 = 老谦 :bsmilie:

The hole was covered by the left hand. As he moves his left hand into "position", it is quite apparent that he was exerting some force, as if pushing the glass along.

And after he pulls out his right hand, his left hand experienced some "jerking" motion, as the glass was probably moved very quickly, causing his left hand to jerk a bit.

liu qian's hands were not in a poisition to cover up the "hole" to move to the left or right at all. besides, the guy also cannot explain the coin trick.

but in the final part. there is a glass cup outside the 270 degree region. and seems doesn't move when he pull out his hand.
nice trick.

刘谦 = 老谦 :bsmilie:

I think this is not a fair statement.

I enjoy his show although I know that I had been tricked! Does it matter?

btw, any clue to last year's coin in glass cup trick? Was the coin shot thru the table?

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - S. Holmes

the thing about magic or illusion is that when you know how the tricks are done, all the fun is gone!

The magician team has done their research, thinking hard how to make various tricks for us to enjoy and we all go and expose them and spoil our own fun?

the thing about magic or illusion is that when you know how the tricks are done, all the fun is gone!

Ah but see, if you know how it's done and can do it, it becomes fun again :)

I think this is not a fair statement.

I enjoy his show although I know that I had been tricked! Does it matter?

Just a casual comment lah. Anyway, he tricks some of the old folks to believe that he has magic power, which he actually doesn't posses...Isn't he a Lau Qian?

Ah but see, if you know how it's done and can do it, it becomes fun again :)

:thumbsup: Well said.

To seek the truth and solve the mystery, that's how society can progress and science can advance.

And to create a mystery that others cannot solve is a true master of illusions.

The fun is watching and be really impressed.

The greater fun is watching and solving and be impressed with oneself ;p;)

The magician team has done their research, thinking hard how to make various tricks for us to enjoy and we all go and expose them and spoil our own fun?

Last edited:
Magic is nothing but illusions. If he really created an illusion that cannot be explained in science, that's his mastery. :thumbsup:

If he really did the trick w/o cheating(such as asking his assistants to lie), that is fair and I will respect him for his skills and abilities.

But if he actually team up with the host and the so-called "audience" behind him, to mislead the public that they are not part of the team, that, is really low class. :thumbsd:

If the host and the audience lied ( The host and the audience pretended that they are not part of the team), then they are nothing but cheats.. isn't it?

Just a casual comment lah. Anyway, he tricks some of the old folks to believe that he has magic power, which he actually doesn't posses...Isn't he a Lau Qian?

Last edited:
Any video link to that? Have not seen it.

One common coin disappearing in an inverted clear glass magic is the mouth of the glass is pasted with the same material as the cloth on the table. So when the magician inverts the glass over coin, the coin disappear but actually under the mouth.

Magician wear ring the create the coin clinking sound, the coins are actually very soft material these case which spring up quickly. But bec they are soft, non metallic, it cannot make sound. That is where the ring comes it.

The coin thru the glass table trick is actually captured on camera and detectable..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR31rIWF1Vs

From around 2:30 mins, the coin appeared in the glass. Guess most likely is shot from the table.. maybe need to review the video again..

If the host is in cahoots with Liu Qian then everything makes sense liao..

including the other "magic" performances.

Any video link to that? Have not seen it.

Last edited: