Little White Friends on my Camera Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

irveepup

Apr 7, 2008
Hi There!

Just bought a 2nd hand 400d, was havig fun with it the whole of last week, and i had to give it a rest this week cos of exams.

I left the camera with the lens on inside the camera bag in my cupboard. I usually sleep with the air con on during hte night, and i do turn it down quite low.

Anyways, this afternoon when i took the camera out i noticed white little friends on the body. i'm not too sure if it was fungus or what, but the bag sure wasn't dusty.

Brought it out into the sun and after shooting for almost half a day it looks clean again, though there are a couple of specks INSIDE the LCD display.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Should i not keep it inside the bag in an air con room? will it be better to just leave the camera on hte shelf or somehting? I'm gonna be bringing the camera out almost every day, and i'll be getting a DryCab soon enough.. and by the looks of things, sooner than later. eeeks

Thanks!!

Fungus growth doesn't become apparent over a few days or weekedns. It usually takes months or years, depending on conditions.

Sounds to me more likely to be dust. Since you mentioned 'white', does anyone in your family use talc or powder?

which part of the bopdy would your little white firends be? its most probably dried up oil residue. its similar if you take it out from your dry cabinet when the oil traps dirt and dries up. so no worries about fungus. you use it most of the time so its fine. in the meantime, try and get some silica gel or thirsty hipp to put inside your bag. this is to give more preventive measures as the weather is quite humid.

Seem to be like moulds. Like leather shoes or stuff when u put inside yr cupboard over a long period of time due to humidity and moisture. Remember the Thirsty Hippo advertisement?

Status
Not open for further replies.