Little Terns

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
The surviving pics from Part 2 of today's ~ 7 hr bird shoot with fellow member ccplim.

D70 + 70-300G

2807LT1.jpg

2807LT2.jpg

2807LT3.jpg

Summary :

We encountered several different species along the way from Neo Tiew Road 9am to Kranji Res. to Seletar Rs 4pm : Swifts, Pacific Swallows, Baya Weavers, Woodpeckers, White Throated and Collared Kingfishers, Cattle Egrets, Grey Herons, Storks (?) , Little Herons, White Bellied Sea Eagles, Brahminy Kites (and not forgetting the countless crows and mynas along the way too :D ).

Pity I only had a total of 4 miserable surviving pics out of the 120+ captured today :cry: More practice !

Thanks.

Nice effort and keep it up! Consider the fact that these terns flies really fast and close, you are really lucky to get those shots! :thumbsup:

ccplim said:
Nice effort and keep it up! Consider the fact that these terns flies really fast and close, you are really lucky to get those shots! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks. Hope to see your results soon too.

Fortunately for me, my attempt at manual focusing for these Tern shots somehow turned out quite ok. The AF just didn't want to work at that time ! :angry:

I'm still trying hard to salvage what I can from our Part 3 (Seletar). At first glance, seems like none of them could make it leh... :think:

harlequin2902 said:
Hi,

Thanks. Hope to see your results soon too.

Fortunately for me, my attempt at manual focusing for these Tern shots somehow turned out quite ok. The AF just didn't want to work at that time ! :angry:

I'm still trying hard to salvage what I can from our Part 3 (Seletar). At first glance, seems like none of them could make it leh... :think:

Mine will need to take awhile as my PC is slow and all my files are so big. Some seems ok when looking at the thumbnail but have to open up before I can see the real answer. :sweat:

Here's another one I managed to save - noisy and underexposed...but I like the way the different shades on it's feathers stand out :think:

2807LT4.jpg

harlequin2902 said:
Here's another one I managed to save - noisy and underexposed...but I like the way the different shades on it's feathers stand out :think:

2807LT4.jpg

Seems pretty ok to me but it is indeed a little dark. But well, given the kind of weather this morning, there's nothing much that we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.