Little smile of my cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
1787696818_c55752ab02.jpg

Just seeking opinion in one area which is the framing of this portrait. No cropping done here and this was shot with 85mm 1.8 using natural light.

Shld I pursue a horizontal framing (16:9) positioning her at the side? Or is this framing alright, needs a tighter crop or wider view?

Thanks in advance

My take on this is that its a nice pic. It does bring out the smile in her. Can zoom in on her face more (shoulders are a distractor). Noticed that her face is a little dark on her left. A little bit of light on that side will be good..perhaps by bouncing light off a wall or something.

My take on this is that its a nice pic. It does bring out the smile in her. Can zoom in on her face more (shoulders are a distractor). Noticed that her face is a little dark on her left. A little bit of light on that side will be good..perhaps by bouncing light off a wall or something.

ok so u meant a tighter crop by cropping off the bottom yes?

the light was meant to be this way using the natural light as side lighting :)

i think the composition is fine.
just that with ur title, the smile seems oof.

i think the composition is fine.
just that with ur title, the smile seems oof.

okay!~ yup, only the eyes are in focus, was shooting at 1.8 rather up close so the dof change is quite sensitive. I think yes if you interprete the title's way, its considered oof! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.