Little nonya event, nothing but rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benosaurous

May 21, 2008
This is a very badly organised event, i was there at 1pm, found myself at the front row, just behind the fence. Checked around, angle is good, view of sight is clear, no fans allowed to stand in front of me. The security guards are maintaining the crowd nicely, everything goes well till the event starts. To my horror there are now 2 additional security guard standing right infront of me, keep climbing the fence to shout at the fans behind who try to do the same.

I thought just my luck, the stage is too low, and now i got 2 blockage, but it is still ok as i can shoot tight for face portraits. But just when the celebrities are here, i found more blockage appearing infront of me, i wanted to shout at those teens to get lost. The next thing i realize they are wearing passes, suntec and media passes, and obviously they are here to take pictures and videos of the event for themselves with a compact camera instead of doing any professional job :thumbsd::thumbsd:

So what happen to people who were here so early to find a good position? We were all end up blocked by these official staff who came at the very last min, just because they have the special pass. The most frustrating thing is they are not here to do any job, but to block us. ;(

I had a choice to climb the fence and get the higher point of view, but i choose not to as it is a very selfish move to block the people behind you.

End up shooting an hour plus with only 1 photo that i feel able to use as i need to wait for the right moment of which the irritating staff and security guards are not blocking me and also getting the right moment the celebrity to look into my direction. The rest are all full with heads in the frame.

SO mediacorp, please wake up ur ******* idea. I swear i will not attend events organized by them ever again. :sticktong

Any fellow photographers has the same rant as me?

Buttie forget about going to this kind of event, else why there is a gang known as ladder gang???

Cool down buttie.. SG always organise $%$# up things one lei.. But one thing u did portray well enough is that u are not so selfish to block others from behind.. :thumbsup:

If you're not in a good position to take photos, just put down your cam and enjoy whatever's on the show... don't spoil your mood just because of a few people... :thumbsup:

So it will be a good organise event if you have more than one usable photo and not a single soul block you including the security guard? :bsmilie: I thought it was organise for die hard fans to get up close and personal with the stars for free. I also thought people have special passes is suppose to stay in front regardless of what time they turn up and with no evil intention to block anyone.

Because you are in front, you expects a good day in such event ? Life don't happend that way. Get over it.

Last edited:
So it will be a good organise event if you have more than one usable photo and not a single soul block you including the security guard? :bsmilie: I thought it was organise for die hard fans to get up close and personal with the stars for free. I also thought people have special passes is suppose to stay in front regardless of what time they turn up and with no evil intention to block anyone.

Because you are in front, you expects a good day in such event ? Life don't happend that way. Get over it.

it will be a good organised event if they did put consideration of the crowds, the stage height and not allowing their own staff to mess up guest sight.

i dont see why do you feel it is ok for people with special passes to block everyone. Its like inviting friends to your house for a great feast, but next thing they know after they arrived is your house is filled with your relatives and the food is only for your relatives to eat. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. From the Sengkang event which was held sometime ago, its optimistic to go to this event hoping to get decent shots.

Anyway, I think the organisers promised a-meet-the-stars event, not a photoshoot with the stars, maybe your expectations are misplaced.

it will be a good organised event if they did put consideration of the crowds, the stage height and not allowing their own staff to mess up guest sight.

i dont see why do you feel it is ok for people with special passes to block everyone. Its like inviting friends to your house for a great feast, but next thing they know after they arrived is your house is filled with your relatives and the food is only for your relatives to eat. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

Were you invited to the event to watch or take photo in the first place?

The event was organized not for photographers (let's be real) but fans to watch ie feast their eyes, which they had. Get real and over it. Cos your analogy does not hold water.

hahaha.... u really expect a lot from such gathering... all of them to siam and give u a clear view for u to take photos... bro, it does not work this way...

i guess everyone does not expect anything from these events. however most didnt get my point. i did not expect people to siam to give me a view. i am just stating i had a good view from the start which i spend time recce and queue in early, and their staff came in last min to block. if you allow your staff to do such disrespect to your guest, then dont invite your guest, just make it an inhouse celebration.

i guess i am better than the pessimistic and passive people around, at least i do give it a try and give my feedback with the aweful experience as i feel this is not how a gracious society should work, and not laughing at people who tried and feel that this should be the way singapore works.

It is true that things might not change if people refuse to listen to you, but things will never change if u dont voice out your opinion in the first place.

i guess everyone does not expect anything from these events. however most didnt get my point. i did not expect people to siam to give me a view. i am just stating i had a good view from the start which i spend time recce and queue in early, and their staff came in last min to block. if you allow your staff to do such disrespect to your guest, then dont invite your guest, just make it an inhouse celebration.

i guess i am better than the pessimistic and passive people around, at least i do give it a try and give my feedback with the aweful experience as i feel this is not how a gracious society should work, and not laughing at people who tried and feel that this should be the way singapore works.

It is true that things might not change if people refuse to listen to you, but things will never change if u dont voice out your opinion in the first place.

Being gracious is also being able to accept things not going your way you want it, gracefully.

Rather than just rant when the event is over and post is online to "rant" as the title suggest, you could have pluck up the moral courage to tell the organiser there and then your feed back or write to the organiser.

If you want to feedback here, then this forum is not the avenue for it, no matter how optimistic you are. And it is not gracious to label members here as passive and pessimistic. On the contrary they are just realistic and not self centered to want things to go just their way.

BTW your title did not suggest that it was a feedback but quote the title "nothing but rants"

Status
Not open for further replies.