Little Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickygck

Sep 20, 2004
Asia
captureasia.photoshelter.com
Not many job coming in. Guess i don't know the right ppl in this industry, also due to poor networking, right? Hope the pros here can advice. :(

Mainly doing event, wedding, make-over etc.. somehow is not coming in at all. :cry:

I think i talk to u b4 rite?

wa 2 years ago, man thats fast.

Just started out is like that, no choice. I first started w/o income also.

2 years was a very fast time since we last met.

I know is tough, but did not expect it to be that hard. Still i does not intend to give up yet. I wonder how long could i substain? :( Hope to hear more experience from you guys. Thanks.

Bro, ur web is to show ur portfolio right? I have to tell u its loading too slowly already.

Many times I have tried to see ur web but I left without it finish loading. If I am a potential client you will loose capturing my interest.

Today I finally wait till it finish loading. But load halfway it stopped. So in the end I still don't get to see your portfolio. No portfolio, I dunno how good you are so I don't contact u.

Some suggestions to reduce loading...

1) Remove the music during loading... if it is a must to have use a music loop instead of a full song.

2) Optimise the images for web... (not sure if u have already done this since I cant see anything yet)

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Bro, ur web is to show ur portfolio right? I have to tell u its loading too slowly already.

Many times I have tried to see ur web but I left without it finish loading. If I am a potential client you will loose capturing my interest.

Today I finally wait till it finish loading. But load halfway it stopped. So in the end I still don't get to see your portfolio. No portfolio, I dunno how good you are so I don't contact u.

1) Remove the music during loading... if it is a must to have use a music loop instead of a full song.

2) Optimise the images for web... (not sure if u have already done this since I cant see anything yet)

I have Optimise the images for web already. Will work on it and let u know again. Thank you very much.

That's the reality of going fulltime for photography.

you have to sustain for at least the first one or two years.

a website not necessarily built on flash all the time.

my 1 cents worth.

got a business plan? yes your customers won't care for your business plan but it can be helpful for you to chart your directions. easier to head towards set goals - no target end up drifting ard

for near term assignments can try contacting previous clients just remind them of your presence

Get a part time job to cover bfast/lunch/dinner. Tuition or whatever you ok with.

No problem loading from my home PC. I like your event shoot at the Esplanade. :thumbsup:

bro... remove your music on your website. sometimes clients view your website in god-knows-what places. so better dun have music

to address the slow load issue. perhaps you can create a html only version to cater to others.

your pictures are fine! starting up is tough. once you source enough contacts through ur early work experiences. the other jobs will start coming in.

all the best!

a suggestion on the music...

design a on/off button so visitors/potential customers have a choice to switch on or off...

also include a volume controller...

the loading speed of pix was ok on my pc though... but you do need to keep in mind that not all potential customers have high-speed connections...

hope this helps for making your website better...

as for business... you have to market yourself a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot alot a lot... getting jobs is a matter of working hard at publicity and marketing initially, not forgetting good customer service which gives a "wow!" to your clients who will then be your walking advertisement as they "advertise" your great service by word of mouth...and then it spreads... and before you knoow it you would have established your name and brand of photography...

Clicked on your website when I saw your first posting. Till now, after reading every postings here, loaded half way only. You first need to do something about the loading, if not you don't even get to show your work even if the clients wants to see it. And as what catchlights have said, normally the 1st and 2nd year are the hardest.

OK finish loading but after looking at your events portfolio, click on another sun-menu and saw the loading bar moving slowly again :sweat: .

Heh. Yeah. Connection speed. Don't always assume that the rest of the world is as wired up as SG. Some providers here overseas have less bandwidth than we do in our HDB flats. :bsmilie:

e.g. My provider here is giving me only a 64kbps connection, and I am already paying 3x more than what a regular 1.5Mbps user is paying in SG.

in this line, there will be some periods are slow seasons, you have to have some reserve to cover your daily expenses.

you may take up some part time jobs, if cash are running very low. don't feel awkward about this, many pros ever moonlighting during economy crisis.

you can take a closer look at you online portfolio, as others had mentioned, loading speed is an issue.

you decide what type of photography you would like to do, than concentrate at that area, be it your style, portfolio, marketing and clientele.

being a full timer it is not easy, working hard, persistence, endurance are the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.