Little close up on mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbok

Nov 6, 2005
Sengkang
Hi, here's a little close up on my mini, thought the color tone and shadow was not bad. Please take a look and guide me on how I can make the picture nicer :embrass:

ipod_mini_big.jpg

fisheye said:
Hi, think it looks cool but a tad too blue for my liking.

Thanks for the feedback will try to improve :bsmilie:
Ermm anymore suggestions? :embrass:

In a commercial photographic sense, I wouldn't know what i'm looking at. As a client, I would want my product to be entirely in focus. If the subject are the earphones then shoot them by themselves as part of a series. The slanted backdrop & discolouration at the foreground are slightly distracting. The aim is to WOW and attract the viewer, shoot more.

product shoot is best to keep the whole product in focus,sharp and keep the background clean.
portray the product more outstanding.
In this image,the image lead my eye to only the earphone and the distracting background.

Thanks for all the prompt reply and critics. :sweat:

Actually I focused too much on the shallow of depth that I didnt even think so much on my purpose of taking this picture which some may just not understand what this picture is all about :think:

Thanks again for all the valuable feedbacks :bsmilie:

Before coming into this thread & just looking at the title, I thought the object is the car Mini Cooper...;p

wrx_sti_22b said:
Before coming into this thread & just looking at the title, I thought the object is the car Mini Cooper...;p

same here. :embrass:

In a product brochures, you see both product only shots, and some artistic angles like this photo. Some photos, of such lifestyle product will also have hippi people to wear the product. In a good product brochures, it should have a good mix of the different type of photos.

But if you are serious to do such product shoot, try to shoot it when its brand new. The earphones looks dirty... and background should be clean to aviod distraction.

Good try... tweak it alittle more in PS, and you will get a very nice product shoot.

heh sorry for the misunderstanding that made some of you think it's a mini cooper picture! :bsmilie:

tkp77 said:
In a product brochures, you see both product only shots, and some artistic angles like this photo. Some photos, of such lifestyle product will also have hippi people to wear the product. In a good product brochures, it should have a good mix of the different type of photos.

But if you are serious to do such product shoot, try to shoot it when its brand new. The earphones looks dirty... and background should be clean to aviod distraction.

Good try... tweak it alittle more in PS, and you will get a very nice product shoot.
Thanks, the mini does look very old. The "R" on the earphones is wearing out already. Maybe I should make this black and white and post this picture a few years later to make it look more antique! :sweatsm:

Now trying to take note of all your suggestions..:lovegrin: Thanks again!

P.S. Darn wish there was someone to share some photo taking knowledge with me everywhere I go lol :dunno:

jimbok said:
P.S. Darn wish there was someone to share some photo taking knowledge with me everywhere I go lol :dunno:

it may be the hard way but there is more satisfaction finding out things for yourself. :) You don't learn till you've made a mistake.

I feel I started the "commercial/product shot critique" which was not your intent in shooting your mini, so don't put too much pressure on yourself.

a bit underexposed..

the very shallow DOF is disturbing ... is like u seeing something with blurred eyes. i use this sensation to know whether a particular DOF works or not, ie if the OOF areas and objects dont disturb ur sight then its ok.

Maybe wrong title, if it is "Earphones" then ok.

Or if you have a series of photos on various aspect of the product. Then this is the one on the earphone.

espion said:
the very shallow DOF is disturbing ... is like u seeing something with blurred eyes. i use this sensation to know whether a particular DOF works or not, ie if the OOF areas and objects dont disturb ur sight then its ok.
Hi espion, thanks for the critique I agree with you on the DOF, the more I look at the picture the more I feel the shallow DOF is disturbing due to some wires and black stuff behind. Should have thought more on the composition of the picture.

pcwe68 said:
Maybe wrong title, if it is "Earphones" then ok.

Or if you have a series of photos on various aspect of the product. Then this is the one on the earphone.
Thanks, agreed on your point too! :sweat:

Clown said:
a bit underexposed..
Hmm Clown your monitor needs to turn on brighter ya :bsmilie: (Just Kidding). Err, I wanted to try to show more shadows and making the picture look and feels more "artistic" heh.

Agree with the artistic bit, perhaps you can manipulate the hightlight et shawdow values a little? And further with some contrast perks. ;)

Maybe like this:

ipod_mini_kecil.jpg

I took the liberty to edit it, hope you do not mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.