Little Charmaine has only 1 in 5 chance of surviving unless......

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
Read this article on new paper today and it pains me , as a parent . I have a daughter of my own and for the parent of little charmaine having to go through this is not easy. I appeal for your kind donation to help little charmaine , let her have a chance to live.

Visit the website for more info, contribute any amount please, every penny counts...

http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/

I wonder if CS or CSers can do something photographically related to help raise funds?

Personally, I was thinking of donating my services for fees/donations towards her cause, but it then struck me that collectively, it might be a lot more effective if some of us got together and do a charity drive instead.

BTW, does anyone know if this it in any way connected to the well-dressed young executives I often see at MRT stations around Tg Pagar and Raffles Place asking for donations?

I wonder if CS or CSers can do something photographically related to help raise funds?

Personally, I was thinking of donating my services for fees/donations towards her cause, but it then struck me that collectively, it might be a lot more effective if some of us got together and do a charity drive instead.

BTW, does anyone know if this it in any way connected to the well-dressed young executives I often see at MRT stations around Tg Pagar and Raffles Place asking for donations?

I think that's a wonderful idea. My photography skills are terrible but I'm happy to contribute my time in any way that will help raise funds for little Charmaine.

Well, hopefully some of us can do something.

I just dropped off a note to one of the four involved in her case, and am awaiting a reply.

Meanwhile, every little bit helps I guess.

I believe the mrt guy/girl have nothing to do with them.. do check their blog.. think they touch on this before..
http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
I believe the mrt guy/girl have nothing to do with them.. do check their blog.. think they touch on this before..
http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/

Ahh ... thanks eltire. I'll admit I was reading more about her condition.

The blog mentione one person.

The groups of well-dressed young people, some in clithes that resemble young execs around the business district - I've seen them move around in groups of 4-7 or so people, also with some plastic folder or laminated sheet. Will go and see what the sheets actually say the next time I see them.

We've raised money for the other side of the pond during the tsunami.

Now, it's time in our own little pond.

US$350 000 is quite a large amount.

I'm all for a CS effort.

We could ask. :D

I'm still waiting for word from one of the I/Cs. I can only imagine how swamped they all are.

Meanwhile, let's send a note off to a few of those IC of the previous PA.

Do let me know how I can be of help :)

Have they tried to get in touch with CHildres's Cancer Soc ?

Have they tried to get in touch with CHildres's Cancer Soc ?

I believe they did, but because the operation is outside of SG, there's nothing the soc can do to help. To be eligible for assistance, the operation needs to take place in SG.

I've started a new thread to discuss possible photo initiatives we could take to help on an individual basis. 'Individual' also includes the coming together of different individuals to help, as opposed to an established organisation spear-heading this initiative:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529818

This is indeed very sad. :( What more the husband just divorced her for her best friend! Shouldn't he be involved in funding the chemotherapy etc?

Let me know guys if any of you are organising some fund raising thingy for them. I will definitely want to help out in whatever way I can.

Thanks.

Please go here:

I've started a new thread to discuss possible photo initiatives we could take to help on an individual basis. 'Individual' also includes the coming together of different individuals to help, as opposed to an established organisation spear-heading this initiative:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529818

Here's my idea.

If clubsnap management can do a mass mailer to all the members here (whether of not anyone can help, its still a good help!) and also encouraging these members to forward the link to their friends.

89,430 members -> to their friends (many times of 89,430) (if just everyone can do a bit of help like $10 each, it will surely helps!)

Status
Not open for further replies.