Little butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial_streak

Feb 23, 2006
Sengkang
146890557_5fc4310f4f.jpg

My noob shot here. The best i managed to coax out of my d70s kit lens.........:(
Pls C n C generously.

nicely done. simple but effective.

slight issues, patchy looking clouds. they look PS, as if the white patches were cloned again & again. it may have been the real sky but it sure looks poorly PSed. consider cloning blue.

2 vignetting corners on the right.

do think about some cropping off the negative space on the left and right.

it's too bad you didn't capture more of the stem down.

the picture is not psed at all.
ok will take note n improve.
thnx alot

wow im surprised the vignetting is so obvious with kit lens on the D70..
otherwise, a nice picture. tighter crop would be good.

jdredd said:
wow im surprised the vignetting is so obvious with kit lens on the D70..
otherwise, a nice picture. tighter crop would be good.

i tink the vignetting is caused by not removing the lens hood.

Great effort. I have been trying to shoot butterflies and to get the right combination of framing, lighting, background etc is extremely tough. Shoot and post more.

KCLow said:
Great effort. I have been trying to shoot butterflies and to get the right combination of framing, lighting, background etc is extremely tough. Shoot and post more.

thank u. I will try hard too.

Kit lenses can do wonders if you know how to use them well, contrary to all the hype about more expensive gear.

You have gotten a shot from a lower perspective then the insect, and the emptiness of the blue sky around the subject can help to make a good picture. What you may want to consider (in future, such similar opportunities), is to give the blue skies space to accentuate the butterfly on the flower. Cropping a picture here and there just because others may prefer so does not mean that you will get a good picture. Look around, outside of this forum, outside of this little island, if you will. There are examples of wonderful photos, with a similar composition. What works for them? Does it appeal to you? And then you go along those lines.

works very well for me. a minor nitpick is the little leaf at the bottom of the stem which is distracting. not sure how good yr photoshop skills are but you could crop or clone that out.

75% of my shots are usually with the so-called 'kit-lens'. the 18-70 is actually not a kit-lens, U just bought a camera body with a lens in the same box. Hence 'kit-lens'... not like the 18-55 canon crap =P

Thankx azure and rev. Yupz, I noe enuff of PS to crop. Will keep tt in mind.
Quite like the kit lens actually......veri versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.