Lithium AA's with Canon's BP-300/EOS-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriram

Mar 10, 2002
The manual says not to use lithium AA's with the Canon BP-300 battery pack for the EOS-30. One thread on greenspun.com has a posted who says it's because the initial high current could damage the electronics.

OTOH when I had my EOS-50E I'd been using Lithium AA's for a long time with the battery pack. Has anyone used Li-AA's with their BP-300? Any problems or electronics frying up? I'm curious, since the standard CR123 batteries used on the EOS-30 are lithiums.

so far I am using Ni-MH AA battery with no problem for my EOS 30 + BP300 ...

I believe NiMH's are OK but it's printed on the BP-300 that you're not supposed to use Lithiums. Anyone ?

Yes, Don't not use lithium AA in BP300, written on the manual for BP200 too.

i believe something to do with the high current draw...

but why use them? alkalines are so cheap and can last a bloody long long time....

:gbounce:

Originally posted by darr

but why use them? alkalines are so cheap and can last a bloody long long time....

Simple, lithum batts last even longer and are extremely light when you compare it to the rest.

Originally posted by Edmund
Simple, lithum batts last even longer and are extremely light when you compare it to the rest.

of cse i know tat but alkalines last long enough and dirt cheap. a trek of > 10 days dont even wear them out, i usually can last 20++ rolls

......and when i trek in most weather they are less prone to erratic climates....

maybe im easily satisfied....well...each his own

Status
Not open for further replies.