Listing for Land/City-scapes Venues - SINGAPORE

saw a fenced up building beside Shaw Towers along middle road; no lights even at night and looks very old. What is that building used for?

Punggol jetty seems to be under construction...can't access the beach from there or is there another way in?

Punggol jetty seems to be under construction...can't access the beach from there or is there another way in?

There's a way to go down to the beach; saw a few kids playing sand with their family before...have to explore a little.

- The Forgotten
Haw Par Villa - Pasir Panjang

- Temples
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple (佛牙寺) - opposite Maxwell Market

- Modern Architecture
Iluma - Bugis
Marina Bay Sands - Marina Bay
Odeon Tower - Bras Basha
SOTA
Laselle School of the Arts

- NATURE
Jalan Kampong Chantek - Bt Timah (very deserted)
Henderson Wave - Henderson
Hort Park - Alexandra road

- Classic Architecture
Fullerton Hotel

Natural
Paris Ris Park - Mangrove walk. U can park at CP C.
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_29787/travel_site_143129/
All the way inside, Sungei Tampines, can catch birds,Archer fish, (Sea Otter, Sea Snakes if lucky) etc. Pretty well sheltered (also means a little shaded, not bright)
If wanna shoot the Sea Otter, good to equipt with better zoom & bigger hole (; p smaller F number). I only have a range lens & the sea otter was soooo small in the middle of the pix & BLUR... cause its too slow.. sianz)

Last edited:
- The Forgotten
Haw Par Villa - Pasir Panjang

- Temples
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple (佛牙寺) - opposite Maxwell Market

- Modern Architecture
Iluma - Bugis
Marina Bay Sands - Marina Bay
Odeon Tower - Bras Basha
SOTA
Laselle School of the Arts

- NATURE
Jalan Kampong Chantek - Bt Timah (very deserted)
Henderson Wave - Henderson
Hort Park - Alexandra road

- Classic Architecture
Fullerton Hotel

Hi bro. which part Jalan Kampong Chantek is very deserted? I walked along the road on google map;p did not see any interesting deserted land:dunno: Thanks

any updates? :)

Vivocity? The lights there are beautiful at night, during sunset the view there is also not bad :)

Other than those 3-4 places listed for sunrise, any other recommendations please?

focus627 said:
Hi bro. which part Jalan Kampong Chantek is very deserted? I walked along the road on google map;p did not see any interesting deserted land:dunno: Thanks

It's near the end of the cal-de-sac further up those huge water pipes beyond the tunnel. Actually above the tunnel is PIE. There are terrains on the side. Plenty of monkeys and insects further into the densely vegetated area.

mynameisgreg said:
is the rocky beach at labrador park open to the public?

No it has closed as far as I know... But once a while still can see people taking photos there ....

I know this is a silly question but are there any deserts in singapore? Or any area with a huge and vast area of sand will do(other than the beaches). Thanks in advance!

I know this is a silly question but are there any deserts in singapore? Or any area with a huge and vast area of sand will do(other than the beaches). Thanks in advance!

there are no deserts :eek: but there is a sand dune thingy at tampines, altho you cant' really photograph there i guess.

hi!

thanks for the thread! indeed helpful! gonna try cover some of the said places..

btw.. personally i thought that the old shophouses along Geylang & Chinatown has alot of local flavor.

Besides, no one mentioned about the 'whouse' look of St James?

There are also a few conserved 'peranakan' looking shophouses near sturdee road. and i thought that the 'old stadium' at commonwealth?

and Chung Cheng High School (http://www.cchms.moe.edu.sg/)

happy shooting folks! :)

does anybody know about this place, Old Kallang Airport along nicoll highway?
there is a building belongs to People's association but its heritage building now.

can we walk in? or a permit is required? I cant seem to find any much details of it.

Great thread, bookmarked it.