List of reputable camera shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor54

Jan 10, 2006
West to East
Hi,

I've just been introduced to this local forum by my friend, so I'm pretty new here.

Have been reading through some of the threads and found a lot of abbreviations on camera shops. Like AP, CP & TCW etc.....

I can easily understand AP & CP, but where's TCW and some of the more common shops mentioned. Need to widen my choice of camera shops.........

Thanks.:sweat:

Lord's Camera Lucky Plaza. A good place for point and shoots, and Nikon gear. Look for james. Prices are among the lowest, great service too.

Try MSCOLOUR at Ang Mo Kio also, good price assured. Service is good, but inferior to Lords in my opinion.

Razor54 said:
Hi,

I've just been introduced to this local forum by my friend, so I'm pretty new here.

Have been reading through some of the threads and found a lot of abbreviations on camera shops. Like AP, CP & TCW etc.....

I can easily understand AP & CP, but where's TCW and some of the more common shops mentioned. Need to widen my choice of camera shops.........

Thanks.:sweat:

Hi Razor,

You can check out this thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1755265&postcount=6.

For me, I will recommend TK Foto at Beach Road, look for James or Richard. :thumbsup:

Avoid Lucky Plaza no matter what others say, some might have gotten good benefits to talk good about the shops there.

In short, go TK Foto, best. :thumbsup:

any one know if TK is open on sunday? the timing?

Snoweagle said:
I recommend Alan Photo @ Funan, look for David.

Ya...same here...I also recommend AP @ Funan, look for David

espn said:
No, TK is not open on sundays.
Thanks ESPN...

Guys thanks for your recommandation too:)

Lord's at Lucky Plaza.

Ignore those ignorant people who say anything in Lucky Plaza is "off-limit". I do not know about other shops there. But go to Lord's. Of course I have good benefits to recommend this shop. I get very good deals from Lord's. And so have many, many, many CS members.

Why else should I recommended Lord's?

The simple "trick" as far as Lord's is concerned is to look for James as mentioned by marcwang.

Note the title - reputable shops.

What good is a shop if only one of the salesperson won't chop you like a carrot? Says so much about the shop eh? Or is it a way to lure people by having one good sales person to put on a good show gains the confidence of others and without you realising they've already put you into a trap believing that the deals from blah-blah is good ? :think:

TK Foto gets my vote, I won't go to Lords. :nono:

Do a search and you'll find out a lot about Lords and their ways of doing businesses.

photo said:
Note the title - reputable shops.

What good is a shop if only one of the salesperson won't chop you like a carrot? Says so much about the shop eh? Or is it a way to lure people by having one good sales person to put on a good show gains the confidence of others and without you realising they've already put you into a trap believing that the deals from blah-blah is good ? :think:

TK Foto gets my vote, I won't go to Lords. :nono:

Do a search and you'll find out a lot about Lords and their ways of doing businesses.

Good, you know how to read. But you may not know how to interpret. In actual fact, I think that department of yours may need a major overhaul. Just because it is recommended that one should seek James, it does not make it a nonreputable establishment. Just that James is the one whom I feel can give you the best service. The rest are fine also. But sometimes certain personality traits may rub another the wrong way. I can accept these types. But I have a lot less desire to accept those whose brains are in the lower end of the spinal cords.

Do a search and you will find how many CSers think very highly of Lord's. Obviously you have a very blinkered views like horses with blinds. And chose to ignore those posts that were positive.

There are a couple who are not happy with their services, but when pointed out later, the CSers were not cheated. The many negative remarks were made by people who have actually no experience in dealing with Lord's.

Ong_23 said:

I always go there visit him one...then sometimes he'll give me gd photography tips! ;) Highly recommended!

David get's a vote from me too. He's good as a salesman.

I like MS ... The sales person call billy

Good service and honest

i prefer MSColor at Ang Mo Kio, dealed with Mr Loh, Florence and Billy. so far these 3 are friendly and give good service.

Ong_23 said:

or joseph. but they all have their silly moods too... :bsmilie:
so far best experiences at AP (Funan) and TCW. CP guys can be a little bo-chap (nonchalant) and tend to stand and stare blankly, maybe lights there too bright... :bsmilie:

I have bought from CP Peninsula, AP Sim Lim, AP Funan, Lord's at Lucky Plaza, no major complaints so far. The best service I've experienced is at CP Peninsula. Though CP mark up their prices, they can almost always match the prices of the other shops if u have done your homework. And their service is top-notch ... I don't deal with just one salesperson, most of them are fine :)

No matter how much u trust a sales person, or a shop, always do your homework first so that u have a basis to compare prices. I have also heard good things abt TK & MS Color, though I've not done business with them yet :)

Just sharing my experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.