List of photography superstitious beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizoner

Deregistered
May 30, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

so far i've heard of two superstitious beliefs related to photography and will like to just share share with u all .. add on to the list if u know of any yea :)

1) Never pose right in the center of a huge size diety statue (maybe medium sizes too?) ... supposedly the diety's weight will weigh down on the person in the pic and bring bad luck to him/her. so place the person to the side of the statue instead.

2) when taking portraits at staircase, make sure the lines of the stairs don't run across the eyes of the subject. not sure of the consequences though ...

3) Never take pics of a sleeping person as tat will capture their soul away .. haha .. not sure if this applies to digital photography or not

anyway .. do u all realise tat ever since digital cameras become popular, ghosts has never been captured on CCD so far? it has only been captured on films. haha ...

horizoner said:
anyway .. do u all realise tat ever since digital cameras become popular, ghosts has never been captured on CCD so far? it has only been captured on films. haha ...

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

heh.. probably the ghost images are products of long expired film.. =p

I remember some friends who did not want to be part of a photo of 3 persons.

I guess
1) is out of respect for the "god"
2) unsure?
3) I have hared of this also, but also unsure is it true.
Another thing i personally would not do is not to take photograph of tomb, also
a kind of respect for the dead. As they already RIP so better don disturb. :)

yeah... 3 ppl... alot of things also cannot 3 ppl. like cannot share a ciggerette with 3 ppl. no idea why though.... anyone can shed some light? :dunno:

SianZronG said:
yeah... 3 ppl... alot of things also cannot 3 ppl. like cannot share a ciggerette with 3 ppl. no idea why though.... anyone can shed some light? :dunno:

doesn't apply to japs & angmos thou... u see them 3P everytime... ;p :sweat: :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt :hammer:

:nono:

There's a reason for not having an odd number of people in a shot, I kinda forgot it already.

horizoner said:
3) Never take pics of a sleeping person as tat will capture their soul away .. haha .. not sure if this applies to digital photography or not

I thought it can capture the soul even if they are awake :devil: That is why some tribes in the Amazon river and PNG (and hey, even in SG, some San Sui women) don't want their photos to be taken. *I* want to steal people's souls :devil: :devil: :devil:

As for the ghosts, it seems that not enough has been burnt to send it to "down there". They don't know what a digital cam is or not know enough to manifest on the sensors :devil:

u guys should play fatal frame lah... the best ghost catching game using camera. scary also... can improve on your high speed capturing technique as well

To show respect to the diety statue, try as far as possible not to shoot directly at it cos you may be interupting his mediation.

Taking photos capture people's souls away ? :eek:
I think we all definately have captured a lot. :blah:

cast123 said:
I guess

Another thing i personally would not do is not to take photograph of tomb, also
a kind of respect for the dead. As they already RIP so better don disturb. :)

well .. then use a 500mm zoom lens + 2X TC to shoot lor ... sure won't disturb them one :)

espn said:
Del_CtrlnoAlt :hammer:

:nono:

There's a reason for not having an odd number of people in a shot, I kinda forgot it already.

wedding photographers ... how? when going for table shoot do u really go and count and kick the odd number guy out? hahaha ...

Oops I mean at least 4 or 2, but never 3. :) Sorry.

i thought 4 is no good? 4 sounds like "die" in Cantonese/Mandrain, that why you won't see table 4 in some karaoke. In HongKong maken place also don't have table 4. Even their estate don't have level 4 , only have 1,2 , 3A or 3b then 5,6...
I also don't like number 4, imagine sitting on Table 24 or Seat 24 , "easy to die"/"hunger to death". ( 2 sounds like easy in cantonese and hunger in mandrain).

3 is "live" in Cantonese. So, 3 should be good.

Dunno man, Singapore is a multi-cilture, that why those belief also multi-in-one. Angmoh think 3 is unlucky because of friday the 13 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.