Nov 10, 2004
Hi :sweat:

Pls list all the mistake in the picture and how to improve it

246_4615resize.jpg

sinori said:
Hi :sweat:

Pls list all the mistake in the picture and how to improve it

246_4615resize.jpg

What is your theme and focus? sky? football game??

I believe hes just wondering if its under/overexposed etc. The technical aspect of it.

jeffhiew said:
What is your theme and focus? sky? football game??

my theme is ...............

a football game under the great sky :D

this pic... to me... seem abit under....

and also... from your theme name... i guess u are more forcus over the football game over the sky... but the pic are forcusing on the sky....

just my 2 cents ;)

this is the reason why a basic photo course is often an essential but neglected thing. things you pick up there help to start with some facts.

ellery said:
this is the reason why a basic photo course is often an essential but neglected thing. things you pick up there help to start with some facts.

Er, not to be rude but really there are many reasons why people won't want to attend a photo course. And thats the whole point of this particular section of the forum isn't it. And doing a course is not the only way to learn.

i newbie hor... dun scold me if im wrong... the field abit the under expose right...? also the metering salar becos of the sky not? :angel:

AReality said:
What am i supposed to see ?

Can you tell me what you don't like in this picture?
and how should i improve it?

jonlou said:
i newbie hor... dun scold me if im wrong... the field abit the under expose right...? also the metering salar becos of the sky not? :angel:

newbie here too
ya that is part of it, but feel it miss out something else :sweat:

ellery said:

hmm actually i loved to
but simply becos no money :p

Not sure what camera you're using. This is a problem of metering. The sky is dominating the whole picture and the metering (I'm assuming you're using matrix or evaluative metering) expose the sky properly; which it has done its part as it is designed to do.
To properly expose the football game, you should use center-weighted or spot metering to get the correct exposure and lock your exposure as you focus on the ball game, then shift your camera to compose and snap away. However, this might over-expose your sky and make it very bright (to help a bit, a Neutral density ND will help a bit) but your football game will be OK. OR +EV if you don't have the metering option but should result in similar effect.
Another option (if your option is very limited) is to use Photoshop and brighten the bottom part separately (can use the highlight and shadow adustment in PS CS). This maybe your best option.

sinori said:
Can you tell me what you don't like in this picture?
and how should i improve it?

There's nothing for me to see in that pic. It doesn't tell me a good story. What story are you trying to tell me?

AReality said:
There's nothing for me to see in that pic. It doesn't tell me a good story. What story are you trying to tell me?

thanks man
saw your picture they are great
i think i found my answer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.