shot this for a girl...
thx for watching...

1.jpg

66139f50.jpg

74ac7cd5.jpg

681f919b.jpg

b289d6f8.jpg

51ca0d93.jpg

Just sharing some of my views about your photos.

Photo No.1 - Too much headroom on the top of the frame. Would have crop more. The background is slightly distracting. Colours are warm and nice. Shot during sunset? This is the only photo which I find the model communicating with the camera.

Photo No.2 - Too much angle. Would love to see more of her face. Colours are again nice and warm. Would have crop less and see more of her face and less background. As the model's face is turn too much away, so there is less communication with the camera.

Photo No.3 - Not much happening. Just a shot of her bending over to grab a stone. Would have love to see her eyes on the camera. A little too much room space at the bottom of the frame.

Photo No.4 - Nearly executed very well. Just again too much room space at the bottom of the frame. Would have crop a little tighter. Prefer model's eyes to look away towards the water.

Photo No.5 - Slightly dark. Nothing much going on here. I guess it's another snap shot of the model walking on the tree trunk. Would have use a longer lens to created more DOF. Background to distracting.

Photo No.6 - This is a good shot. Eyes on the camera. Nice warm evening colours. Would have ask the model's head to tilt a little more towards the left side of the frame to fill up the space. Good use of lens which you manage to create DOF.

Overall, I would say your overall composition can be improve. Colours are nice and warm as you manage to spot the exposure well except for photo no.5. Did you shoot on DSLR? What you need to to communicate more with your friend to make her eyes communicate more with you.

thank you.... :D

i agree with the comment abt #2..
a little less angle would also reduce the emphasis on her olfactory receptor..

although I dislike commenting abt models, she does have a pronounced one that can steal the entire focus of the frame.

Angles have to take that into consideration.

hope you aren't offended.

i like the feel of 1,3 &6
i usually don't comment on models, but ur friend is really pretty. :) She has a sweet look about her that shows thru ur photos, granted I would have preferred more eye contact (she also has beautiful eyes) and more side profile shots to show off her nice straight nose.. most of us chinese girls have very flat profiles, so i think you should take advantage of her strong features.

=D~
her smile is should b really enchanting from what lil i can see, take more!

Imho, pictures taken from Top down are more flattering than from bottom up... makes one's chin look odd. ;)

thanks for sharing

I like the 2nd pix, think it can be better with some cropping (see PM).

Firstly i applaude to your series because this is finally a series i dare say there is no hint of sexual lust from the photographer..(maybe you hid it well..heeee)..

i like your photos..pretty experimental but the feel is good...composition wise..i feel you know wat you are doing or at least you are trying out many other styles....i like photo 1 because most photos here end just as photos...photo 1 would have a longer shelf life becoming a graphic for an ad...a book cover...etc..:)

Shot 5 is quite weak out of the entire series imho...shot 6 is pretty candid for me...a very good candid i would say...the colours are rich and are not at all artificially overwhelming...

Keep this going and i think you will be one of the few photographers who can see beauty without getting the model to strip and freeze in her bikini :)

Great shot!Good exposure!especially #3 #5..it capture the mood!mind sharing with us wer is this place?

RAIN_MAN said:
Great shot!Good exposure!especially #3 #5..it capture the mood!mind sharing with us wer is this place?

Thanks for all the comments, :embrass:
This was actually a photo outing that i organized last weekend.
It's in Cyberjaya, Cyberpark, Malaysia.

semota said:
Keep this going and i think you will be one of the few photographers who can see beauty without getting the model to strip and freeze in her bikini :)

Thankyou, I will continue the habit of shooting girls...
about getting the model to strip and freeze in her bikini kind of shots ... i did it be4 :embrass: ... luckily i manage to get out from the lust...now i'm going devote myself to shoot a girl's inner spirit more than the physical features... :think:

i like #3 the best. excellent lighting, the female form is sensuous and the colours and texture of her dress apparent. her actions and the drape of her hair adds a sense of mystery to the pic. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.