Lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Jan 17, 2005
Hi, i've shot some pics for a lipstick. Please comment on it and give me some ideas on how to shoot lipstick. thanks

16935lipstick2-med.JPG

16935lipstick-med.JPG

16935lipstick3-med.JPG

i like the 3rd picture.

Pete said:
Hi, i've shot some pics for a lipstick. Please comment on it and give me some ideas on how to shoot lipstick. thanks

What sort of mood, message, etc., are you trying to convey with the pictures? I think what you have in mind will affect how you shoot the pictures. In this series, it seems that you are trying out with different lightings and angles :think: .

mm.. maybe wipe your fingerprints off the lipstick first?
juz a noob's point of view... hee ;p

taku1a said:
What sort of mood, message, etc., are you trying to convey with the pictures? I think what you have in mind will affect how you shoot the pictures. In this series, it seems that you are trying out with different lightings and angles :think: .

Erm. Not too sure what mood i'm trying too convey too. hehe. Coz 1st and 2nd pics of lighting is from my ixus 40's camera. The golden lighting is created when i filter the camera light with my camera wiper cloth. I even notice when u cover with ur finger u can get a red lighting. haha. The third lighting is from my computer's monitor. This is because I dun have my own studio so i kinda make up the lighting myself. :embrass:

Well, what angel and lighting would you recommend me to shoot?
Thanks.

bluieskies said:
mm.. maybe wipe your fingerprints off the lipstick first?
juz a noob's point of view... hee ;p

Haha... yaya.. i agree wif u. Just notice it when i uploaded to the computer. Especially the 2nd pics. too obvious. Guess i have to wear gloves. ;) Thanks for your advice.

Were you shooting on AF? For the 3 shots, I think your focus is out. Parts of the pictures other than the lipstick itself were in focus instead. Maybe can try manual focusing for closeup like these.

Prismatic said:
Were you shooting on AF? For the 3 shots, I think your focus is out. Parts of the pictures other than the lipstick itself were in focus instead. Maybe can try manual focusing for closeup like these.
Yeah, I'm shooting wif AF. I will try to shoot without AF. Thanks!

Pete said:
Erm. Not too sure what mood i'm trying too convey too. hehe. Coz 1st and 2nd pics of lighting is from my ixus 40's camera. The golden lighting is created when i filter the camera light with my camera wiper cloth. I even notice when u cover with ur finger u can get a red lighting. haha. The third lighting is from my computer's monitor. This is because I dun have my own studio so i kinda make up the lighting myself. :embrass:

Well, what angel and lighting would you recommend me to shoot?
Thanks.
If you are not sure what you are trying to achieve, then there is no wrong way of doing things.

Feel free to experiment. Out-of-focus, macro-level closeups, Black and White, Over-saturation, no prints on the lipsticks, plenty of prints on the lipsticks.

If you don't show others the bad pictures, they won't know. So erase the bad ones, and show others the good ones. Remember what you did wrong that looks right, and try to repeat that mistake again. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.