Lioness

Status
Not open for further replies.

franciskc

Jan 17, 2002
Earth
lioness.jpg

will sg have such lions? Just curious. This shot was not taken by me.. I happen to read it somewhere in a magazine/book. Pardon me for any confusion/commotion caused.

nothing to prevent someone from taking a shot very similar to one found in a book. Since this is the photo gallery section, where its clearly indicated 'place for sharing YOUR photos', I will take it that contributions here are by the poster.

Having said that, nice, but too contrasty. of course, since its a 'candid' shot.. how to complain :)

Originally posted by yeppie99
i saw this photo in a book before.

Originally posted by erwinx
nothing to prevent someone from taking a shot very similar to one found in a book. Since this is the photo gallery section, where its clearly indicated 'place for sharing YOUR photos', I will take it that contributions here are by the poster.

I think it's sick to post a photo and try to pass it off as your own. The 'Photo Galleries' specifically states that it is 'a place for sharing your photos.'

Trying to copy another photographer's work is paying tribute to him but to try and pass his photo as yours is totally uncall for. http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0863433227.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:thumbsd:

Lion King

he didn't say he took the pic though. he just asked whether singapore will have such lioness. but agree that he should have been more explicit that the photo was taken by someone else.

the forum description specifically says "YOUR PHOTOS". can't be any clearer than that. Also, look at the posts commenting on his shot (eg: Makan 'great shot where u took this shot'). The original post was 10 March. Its now 21 March. I don't see any clarification....

Originally posted by mpenza
he didn't say he took the pic though. he just asked whether singapore will have such lioness. but agree that he should have been more explicit that the photo was taken by someone else.

ok. get what you mean. maybe the moderators could shift this to general photography chat.

Originally posted by mpenza
ok. get what you mean. maybe the moderators could shift this to general photography chat.

1. The thread originator should have stated explicitely that the picture is not his own if that's the case.

2. If the picture is not taken by the thread originator, credit must be given to the actual photographer. In fact, that might still be an infringement of copyright if permission is not given by the owner of the photo to re-distribute his work.

I belief this thread should be closed, unless the thread originator can proof that either

a) he has taken the photo himself, or
b) if the photo is indeed not his own, that he has gotten permission from the owner of the picture to re-post it here.

Sorry need to clarify for this.. I didn't mention that the shot was taken by me. I am just asking does Sg got such lions. Though i love the pic.. And I am unaware that the thread is only suppose to post pics that were taken by the user. Thnz for telling me that.

:dent:

Status
Not open for further replies.