Lion statues near Queenstown Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
I've been intrigued with these lion statues near Margaret Drive while walking to Queenstown library.

Does anyone have any information about them and what are they suppose to guard ?

3255712370_dde708c1e1.jpg

3321723275_5ab14248bb.jpg

3322551116_29e656d255.jpg

3321723983_19bb73ac05.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemujin/sets/72157601546222865/

Last edited:
Personally, i'm not too sure abt the answer to this, but it certainly looks like part of a very huge tomb. Especially tombs of the very wealthy chinese way back in the early 1900s to 1950s....

Where are they? I have been there so many times, how come never notice?

evo-lution,

Thanks for the information.

wanglk,

The statues is behind the power station, it's inside the Queens Townclub right at the end of the carpark.

Last edited:
Can you provide a picture of the lion's back and a closer picture of the front view of the lion?

these lions are not the chinese stone carvings which you will see at buildings (for example, ngee ann city, and you are able to tell the sex of the lions for the chinese type). In fact they look like the ones on the old one dollar coins.

The Margaret Drive area is slated for development soon and I don't know what will be the future for these stone lion statues, it's quite huge about 1.5-2 metre and I've never seen these type of carving.

There use to be a buddha statue in the centre..

The works for the buddha completed, but the lions never follow.

Thanks for heads up.

Are there photos of the Buddha with the lion and where is the Buddha statue now ?

There use to be a buddha statue in the centre..

The works for the buddha completed, but the lions never follow.

hmm....It would definitely be interesting to discover the truth behind these lions....

Btw, if there indeed was a buddha statue there previously, anyone have any idea why was it there in the first place? I mean, well, it is kindda weird to locate a buddha statue in the middle of this bare land. And from the looks of it, the buddha statue should be kindda huge too...

knows about it back when studying in Hua Yi Primary School....was too creepy then to approach it...too bad....the area is now under consideration for 50 stories buildings...results to be announced later...anyone who wants to buy a flat in the area will be happy...saw the 3 proposded designs..not bad....

pricing when come out think lagi not bad..lol

Yeah, still looking for answers and it'll be a massive Buddha statue.

hmm....It would definitely be interesting to discover the truth behind these lions....

Btw, if there indeed was a buddha statue there previously, anyone have any idea why was it there in the first place? I mean, well, it is kindda weird to locate a buddha statue in the middle of this bare land. And from the looks of it, the buddha statue should be kindda huge too...

Sad to say that the lion statues have been removed and I've no idea of their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.