Lion Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephjoe

Dec 1, 2008
East
4170521ed.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to learn the essence of capturing moving objects, people and items.
In this instance it is a lion dance performance.
The following picture is taken using Apeature mode, F2.8 Shutter 1/50 54mm
Free hand.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I did some cropping. Hoping to capture the essence of the main dancer. Showing tradion lion dance

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
How is the colour saturation and the composition of the crop. Is it too vivid for the colours in this instance. There is primary 2 colours to show in this pic namely red and yellow. Do i enhance it using pp or reduce saturation. As for my crop. did i leave enough floor space?

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I am more focus in the vibrancy of the picture, but in terms i do not wish to over emphasize till it might look too fake.

A simple crit for you instead of a lengthy one.

Try to pick up more on composition and action/sport photography, it will help you to improve.

IMHO,

1. Since the title is lion dance, i'll prefer the subject to be in focus. blur subject is not a gd way to portray action.

2. whats that at the lower left corner, becareful with unsightly objects in your frame.

3. perhaps u could move to a better location for the shot. the background is too distracting..

My 2cents. :D

1. too much going on here.

2. motion is fine, but what does your motion convey? if nothing, then better to be sharp.

3. bottom left white diagonal is really, really distracting.

wide angles work better for such kind of shots.
Tele lens gives a feel of distance.

Your intention of adding motion blur to shots is a good one.
However, execution could be better.

The whole shot is blur, not a good thing.
I could tell u were an audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.