Linux Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

corneliustoh

Dec 16, 2008
Changi
Any Linux Users here? Ubuntu specifically?
Just curious. Anyway i use Windows (Personal, Office 07, Photoshop, Gaming) and Ubuntu for using err.. heheh. (isohunt, piratebay) u know wad i mean. So just want to ask if there are any users of Linux here in CS?

Oh yeah. BTW. Ubuntu is FOC.

ubuntu is simple to use... like mac OS... just initially abit hard to figure out the filesystem (linux) if you have used DOS/Windows all your life.

problem still lies with the software. most software i use still runs on windows. so i can't use linux, and hence i boot to windows all the time, and ubuntu or other distro are just for the fun of it.

I used Ubuntu, I ran it on my old Dual P3 933MHz computer.
It is only for web related activities. I have another Win XP
box for other Wintel applications.

icon-ubuntu.png

Last edited:
Any Linux Users here? Ubuntu specifically?
Just curious. Anyway i use Windows (Personal, Office 07, Photoshop, Gaming) and Ubuntu for using err.. heheh. (isohunt, piratebay) u know wad i mean. So just want to ask if there are any users of Linux here in CS?

Oh yeah. BTW. Ubuntu is FOC.

Ubuntu is my default OS , follow by Mac. (In fact , i prefer ubuntu over mac). Most of my applications are met satisfactory in open source or self develop in Linux. If not , Mac will have to do .

Have not upgrade my hardware for quite a long time after migrating away from windows.

Last edited:
I'm using Ubuntu Linux on a machine from 2005 and it runs nicely compared to Windows but Mac OS X is my main operating system.

For me, the level of support isn't there yet, but I don't have the typical internet connection and I end up sharing from my Mac.

On the 23rd of April, the latest Ubuntu release, 9.04, will be available and it should be interesting to see improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.