Linksys WAP11 ver 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rty

Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore
I upgraded the Linksys Wireless Access Point firmware to 1.1 and the WAP11 access stops functioning. Anyone ever encountered the same experience and know the cure? :cry:

Originally posted by rty
I upgraded the Linksys Wireless Access Point firmware to 1.1 and the WAP11 access stops functioning. Anyone ever encountered the same experience and know the cure? :cry:

one thing i can say: jialat liao

Know someone with same prob, dunno how to solve. :dunno:

Originally posted by rty

How about bringing it back to LinkSys service center?

have you tried hard resetting the AP?

Originally posted by cyanbloodbane
have you tried hard resetting the AP?

Yes, I have. Pressed the reset button. I even powered it off.

:bheart:

RTY, why not perform a hardware reset. Enter to the config page using the factory default IP address. Once you get in, reconfig your setting to your previous choice. I suspect once you upgrade your firmware, all setting back to default. Hope this helped.

Originally posted by rty

Problem solved! :gbounce:

I did some searches on the web and found few links on hacking the Linksys AP WAP11 2.2 to turn it into D-LINK DWL-900AP+. After the hack, it works like a charm now! Yes, the warranty is now void.

pcman, pressing hardware reset button won't help restoring the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.