Links to Information About Dry Cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyLuckyStar80

Sep 15, 2007
Need to know the optimum temperature and stuff. Thanks.

Need to know the optimum temperature and stuff. Thanks.

Just keep RH between 45% to 50%. I don't remember Nikon making dry cabinets though. ;p

From Digicabi :

40%RH -50%RH

Video camera, camera, lens, microscope, telescope, negative, tape, video, slide, microfilm, various optic products, CD, VCD, LD, various hi-fi stereo, computer products, books, ancient paintings, paper coins, stamps, works of art.......etc

30%RH-40%RH

Precise metal material, electronic, pottery and porcelain, semiconductor, PCB, indicator, various percise instrument, metallurgic and music instrument, clothes, leather, gold and silver, various treasure collectors.

Under 30%RH

Chinese medicines, tea leaves, seeds, spices, pollen, medicines, metallurgy, power material, chemical raw material

Got it from here.

Ryan

Where to get the cheapest dry cabinet in singapore? preferably with free delivery :)

I'm looking for something around 45-60L..

Guys,

need some help on my dry cabinet...

no matter how much i turn the knob, even to max, my humidity will slowly fall till ard 26%, i haf tried opening the dry cabinet till humidity reaches 70% and i close it again, after a day it will fall back to 20++%. is there a problem with my dry cabinet? or the place where i put the cabinet plays a part? its currently place in my storeroom. does it matter?

Guys,

no matter how much i turn the knob, even to max, my humidity will slowly fall till ard 26%, i haf tried opening the dry cabinet till humidity reaches 70% and i close it again, after a day it will fall back to 20++%. is there a problem with my dry cabinet? or the place where i put the cabinet plays a part? its currently place in my storeroom. does it matter?

Hi xiidevil,

Can I know what you mean by you 'turn to the max'? I thought you are supposed to turn the other way. The 'Max' refers to maximum drying rate, it may vary with different brand of dry cabinets.

My dry cabinet is Value brand. When I turned to the max, it will lower the humidity (RH) to 20%, which is detrimental to the camera equipment as raised by several forum members previously. Thus, I turned the knob towards to the blue region, or the 'min' side, to raise the RH to 40-45%. So just turn the knob closer to the 'min' side or blue region in my case, and monitor the RH level, and re-adjust accordingly until it reaches the desired value.

Hmmm...I am not too sure whether the place will play a part in RH, but I am sure that the ambient environment will play a small part, especially for analogue controlled ones since the drying unit is not electronically limited to the set RH level.

For example, if you placed the dry cabinet in the air-conditioned room, the lowering of the RH level will be faster and may even reach to a lower level than expected. This is because the drying unit is exposed to the even drier ambient for evaporation of the water collected in the dry cabinet. The drying unit will become even drier (note that the drying unit do not expel 100% of the moisture during the dehumidifying cycle:)) when it goes about its next cycle to dry the insides of the cabinet.

Hope this helps, and my post is not too long to be boring. Good luck! :D

Guys,

Status
Not open for further replies.