linkin park concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

dementate

Sep 9, 2003
www.mutantstickman.org
Anyone going for the Linkin Park concert? I have inner circle tickets, wondering if it's wise to bring my D70 + 80-200/2.8 there, can someone advise please? :D

they do no allow cameras...
and it will be hard to sneak in your gear...
good luck with the picures though...

dementate said:
Anyone going for the Linkin Park concert? I have inner circle tickets, wondering if it's wise to bring my D70 + 80-200/2.8 there, can someone advise please? :D
not to be a wet blanket, but honestly i wouldn't bother bringing in a DLSR with telezoom lens (or any camera for that matter), for the following reasons:-
- no photography allowed, like what showtime said.
- it's Linkin Park. which means plenty of crazy fans who'll be jumping around and dancing and screaming. you wouldn't wanna risk your camera, esp since you're in the audience.
- unless you get a photog pass with stagefront access, it's near impossible to shoot over the heads of the fans. unless you're in the front row, which means you'll be squashed by a thousand sweaty screaming fans. concert lights is also very erratic which means plenty of wasted shots.

go there and enjoy the concert lah..

Larry said:
not to be a wet blanket, but honestly i wouldn't bother bringing in a DLSR with telezoom lens (or any camera for that matter), for the following reasons:-
- no photography allowed, like what showtime said.
- it's Linkin Park. which means plenty of crazy fans who'll be jumping around and dancing and screaming. you wouldn't wanna risk your camera, esp since you're in the audience.
- unless you get a photog pass with stagefront access, it's near impossible to shoot over the heads of the fans. unless you're in the front row, which means you'll be squashed by a thousand sweaty screaming fans. concert lights is also very erratic which means plenty of wasted shots.

cannot agree more. u dun wanna have any responsibility lar... :dunno: seriously.... especially ur d70.... :sweat: but if u really want to take pictures, follow yongcheng's advice lor...take p&S lar.... :think:

well..just a thought.
went to beyond concert last nov in KL. brought my cam along (together with tripod) coz i bought one of the cheaper tickets so was pretty far from the stage (cam got 8x zoom though) took some photos but i realised i couldn't/didn't enjoy the concert as much as i wished i did because i was doing 2 things at the same time.

so go to the concert and enjoy.

i should be going as well ;)

akane said:
well..just a thought.
went to beyond concert last nov in KL. brought my cam along (together with tripod) coz i bought one of the cheaper tickets so was pretty far from the stage (cam got 8x zoom though) took some photos but i realised i couldn't/didn't enjoy the concert as much as i wished i did because i was doing 2 things at the same time.

so go to the concert and enjoy.

i should be going as well ;)

Thanks for the pointers guys, guess I'm a *little* bit excited about my d70 :) Anyways, I noticed the guys taking pictures with their tripods at the Cranberries concert weren't enjoying the show either, and there they had a higher vantage point... Well, guess I could bootleg the show... woops did I just say that? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.