link PC to tv screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itsmywill

interested to get one interface device to link pcs/notebooks to tv screen. anyone who has got such device, how is the resolution or quality of the output on tv?

thought to outputing my digital photo albums to tv screens to display for frds to see...

lower end TV card usually 640x480 or 800x600

i use 640x480 to watch movie in TV

u can try 800x600 but too small to see anything...cos TV resolution not as high as monitor

however, for viewing of photo, it doesn't matter much...just that under windows, all the text will be TOOO small to be seen clearly on my 21" flat screen TV

if u got better graphic card or super large high res TV, may be the resolution can go higher...i have not tried that so i cannto confirm

Originally posted by itsmywill
interested to get one interface device to link pcs/notebooks to tv screen. anyone who has got such device, how is the resolution or quality of the output on tv?

thought to outputing my digital photo albums to tv screens to display for frds to see...

does your graphic card have TV out (S-video)?

if not u can buy a PC-TV converter at sim lim square, price is abt $160.

Originally posted by Wai

hmm....$160 as well buy a cheap Graphic card that have TV-out?

quite true also... but those TV output from those cheap graphic cards is not very desirable. :(
overall, buy the pc-tv converter only if u have spare cash.

I bought a Avermedia VGA-TV bridge, which I can use for both my desktop and my notebook. The price is about $80+.

The resolution is pretty good, esp when I'm watching those video clips which I downloaded from the net. All I need is just connect my notebook vga port to the bridge, the bridge to the composite jacks on the TV, and the sound output from my notebook to my amplifier and BOOM! A mini home theatre systems... :D

Quite a good deal!:p

Oops...

Cables included, no driver, no installtion required. :)

Originally posted by togu
I bought a Avermedia VGA-TV bridge, which I can use for both my desktop and my notebook. The price is about $80+.

The resolution is pretty good, esp when I'm watching those video clips which I downloaded from the net. All I need is just connect my notebook vga port to the bridge, the bridge to the composite jacks on the TV, and the sound output from my notebook to my amplifier and BOOM! A mini home theatre systems... :D

Quite a good deal!:p

not bad leh, can u change its video out format? e.g NTSC/J, PAL..etc... cos I also need one for my glasstron.

Err... not too sure about that, but they have a new other higher ranges, some even come with remotes. You might want to take a look at SLS.

:)

thx for all ur reply, knows abt the s-video but my notebook doesn't hav this port.

quite interested in that Avermedia VGA-TV bridge togu is talking abt. which shop did u buy it from at SLS?

thx.

My notebook doesn't has the S video thingy either, that's why I go for this. :)

Can't remember clearly, somewhere at the 6th floor. About 7 mths I think. They should have something much cheaper and better by now. :(

You can check it out here:

Avermedia

Hrm, seems like their products are getting more complex now. Darn! I can't even find my model. :(

thx togu. will go check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.