Lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlin

Feb 17, 2006
lines1.jpg

Why you take picture of 'tekko'? ;p

i like the way u take this still life...:thumbsup:

thnks..urm its kinda abstract la, of how i can composite the stuff i see at hm and this is about lines as u can see.

danlin said:
thnks..urm its kinda abstract la, of how i can composite the stuff i see at hm and this is about lines as u can see.

Orrr....

When I read photography books, they give assignments sometimes. We are supposed to find stuff to take. I must admit, sometimes I'm not so hardworking and just take the stuff around me... but I also know deep inside that the visual impact isn't all that stunning.

The picture is ok. If I were to take pictures of 'tekko', I don't think I could have made it more interesting, composition wise. But tekkos are tekkos, and they are not very interesting when they are hung on the ceiling of the utility area.

If you really want to, perhaps you can use photoshop to spice things up a little, like change the texture, play with contrast, use filters, play with saturation, etc... But personally, I will go out there, find another subject, and make another picture. :)

By the way, the picture does have its merits, else I won't have commented. I thought the composition was interesting and it did catch my eye. :)

:nono: no-no, there's no need to resort to photoshop. If you're really committed to shooting bamboo poles (or anything else) then all you need is a lot more creativity. One thing I find common in photographers is the way they take their subject as what the subject is. A better way would be take the subject as what you will it to be. Instead of seeing and shooting, what about seeing, rearranging, thinking, experimenting, etc, shooting? 'etc' because it's defined by the limit of your creativity.

My teacher likes to do this to us, he'll hold up a marker pen and ask,"What is this?"

There's lots of things you can do, from the top of my head- paint it, saw it apart, bring it outdoors.... Hey, if somehow you can arrange to shoot bamboo poles in a swimming pool, u da man! You might think it's too much trouble, and that's fine. We all have to find our own way.

I have a different view when it comes to photoshop. Though I agree that there are other ways, like rearranging, taking from different perspective, etc... Photoshop is just another way... another tool... no different from your saw, hammer that you use to manipulate the marker. We live in a digital age, and we should not rule out the digital tool. That's my view. :)

imo this doesn't qualify as an abstract, it's a normal shot of a common scene. you'll need to make use of the elements in your frame to bring to surface certain intriguing qualities, be they some astonishing physical shape or a deep emotion.

nottipiglet said:
By the way, the picture does have its merits, else I won't have commented. I thought the composition was interesting and it did catch my eye. :)

Thanks for ur views! =) i see debates here huh bt using ps or choosing a shooting subj. at the end of the day its really just abt everyone's individual artistic preferences and style. theres no rite or wrong way to shoot sumthing when there a motive/theme in mind to xpress. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.