Lines on lens

pypjoyce

Apr 26, 2009
Pasir Ris
My friend helped me buy a 50mm lens a few days ago. When I opened and check, there are some thin lines and blobs on it. Its a brand new one from Alan Photo. I tried wiping it away but it doesn't come off.

Does anyone know how to take it off?

My friend helped me buy a 50mm lens a few days ago. When I opened and check, there are some thin lines and blobs on it. Its a brand new one from Alan Photo. I tried wiping it away but it doesn't come off.

Does anyone know how to take it off?

Lines and blobs? I'm guessing that's on the glass... It sounds suspiciously like fungus.

A picture would help.

Post up a clear photo of the lines. Side lighting would help highlight the lines.

It could just be cleaning marks. A shop will usually clean new lenses after customers look see and leave a fingerprint or something.

Do you know how to clean a lens properly? If yes, you could try breathing on the surface and use a clean section of chamois or microfiber and quickly (before the condensation of your breath evaporates) but gently wipe it. Any subsequent wipes should be done with a clean section of microfiber cloth.

I tried already. It doesn't work. I brought the lens back down to Alan Photo. They exchanged it for me. Thanks anyway!

Great to hear it's settled.

I tried already. It doesn't work. I brought the lens back down to Alan Photo. They exchanged it for me. Thanks anyway!

Er..out of curiosity, was it fungus?

Cheers:)

wow... they willing to change? a little surprise for me but maybe they put up for sale then the next unlucky ones will get it hee..

wow... they willing to change? a little surprise for me but maybe they put up for sale then the next unlucky ones will get it hee..

That's why have to check every lens we buy before paying, even when we are buying a new piece. Camera shops usually ok with it. If they refuse to let me check, it is a big red flag on the sale already.

That's why have to check every lens we buy before paying, even when we are buying a new piece. Camera shops usually ok with it. If they refuse to let me check, it is a big red flag on the sale already.

haha yea i always check carefully before buying