Line Out (Mixer) to Mic In (Camcorder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnyyeo

Jun 22, 2005
Hi everyone, I need your help.

I will be recording a live event with my Panasonic TM300.

How to capture the audio directly from the mixer's line-out to my consumer camcorder's mic-in (stereo mini jack)?

What equipment or cable would I need?

Thanks for any ideas, this is driving me crazy.

I would advise against sending a line level to a mic in because the incoming signal will be overloaded and distort very easily. It's a common mistake that many people make. A line level out should be sent into a line level in, and vice versa for the mic level. Reason being line levels are usually stronger signals, and mic levels are weaker, therefore when you send a signal into a mic in, it will boost the incoming signal.

The camera you've mentioned only seems to have a mic in though, Haven't had the chance to read up on it but you should try to get a mic out from the mixer to match with the mic in on your cam, though this is highly dependent on the mixer being able to send a mic level out. Most budget mixers aren't able to do that.

Anyways I would prepare an XLR (both make and female) to mini stereo, and a Y-cable (RCA to mini stereo), and 2 RCA to 1/4 inch mono adapters.

Hi,

What you need is an attenuator. This works great. I use it every week for video recording of church sermons.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...-Lift?sku=428706&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950

It combines an attenuator with a ground loop isolator (eliminates ground loop hums) in a handy box and it does not require any power supply.

It is available at Hung Brothers at Sim Lim Square Level 3 (I think). This shop faces the main atrium and sells audio stuff like mics, audio recorders, audio mixers etc.

Kay Heem

I use Beachtek DXA-5D for line/mic input into 'mic-in' jack of consumer camera.

6a00e551a5897b883301156f181139970c-800wi

nowsaday very popular when I do sound recording work for Canon 5D video filming.
For the Pansonic camera, you can use the same device, but i think they have cheaper version. You can check out hung bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.