Status
Not open for further replies.

berryhappy

Apr 26, 2003
www.berryhappy.com
Lindsay1.jpg

Lindsay2.jpg

Lindsay3.jpg

These were from a photoshoot one month ago, any comments are appreciated. :)

I like the second version. It's suitable for women's magazines such as CLEO. IMHO, the exposure of her gold earrings gave a little more color to the photo. :)

IMHO, I felt the skin was too white for the third one (because of flash/makeup) and therefore, doesn't look realistic. The shrub of hair pointing at her lips/chin was also too distracting. The framing looks funny to me too (the cutting of her hand on the top left-hand corner of the photo).

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,
Michelle :)

Those eyes..... stands out very well......

I will shorten the photo to have just face with very little shoulder. Eyes at 2/3 frame.

Just my 5 RM cents worth. (Since I am in Malaysia using RM which 5 cents RM is near to 2 cents Sing):bsmilie:

Anyway.... I think is well done!

I love the dreamy look on the first pic. You gave lots of spaces for text too. Very thoughtful photographer. Hehe. Cheers!

Hihi...

anyone can tell me, like this pic, head been cut off abit... y? when i took pic for my friend in this situation... they gave lots of comments that i chop off their head! :angry:

Nicole_SV said:
Hihi...

anyone can tell me, like this pic, head been cut off abit... y? when i took pic for my friend in this situation... they gave lots of comments that i chop off their head! :angry:
Actually, if you have carefully observing magazine spreads, some shots have the abit of the head to be cropped off, be it whether its a full length shot or face shot. Its ok, to crop off part of the head. But some people, just doesnt like it.

the expression and angle of third pic is the best among all three... colour seems a bit wash out.. try to boost a little bit of saturation.. IMHO

As for the chop off part, to me is ok.. I think it will be quite weird if this pic shows model's hand. (#3 only, I don't like #1,2 being chop off the head too)

Hi, thanks for your comments. :)

I guess it's a personal preference on cropping. There are people who are not comfortable with it, and if they are the subjects of the pictures, then for them I would leave more space. Where I have more artistic freedom, exploring different croppings gives a fresh perspective.

For this model, she has a high forehead. Cropping was done to bring more attention to her eyes. It's probably a coincidence that the 3 images selected to be posted has the same cropped forehead (no, not all images I took for her are like that).

I like #2

I like the 3 shots and same goes with me on the 2nd one. Nice shot. Mind sharing your flash set ups? Thanks and great shots!!

Nicole_SV said:

cropping the forehead is generally fine. chins less so. :p

my fave is #1. the 'so-called drastic crop' works fine for this image. at least it does for me.

for #2 & #3, the crop looks awkward on first look but it does grow on me after a second and third look. having said that, the 'lobang' at the bottom left-hand corner is really awkward....i guess it's attributed to the pose used.

the uncropped head version looks good but my personal preference would be to add a little more hair (maybe another 5mm or so) and to balance up the bottom, the same margin added.

just to add, great setup. thanks for sharing.

I can guarantee you the model's NOT me. ;)

Very nice shots! I like the tight composure and I agree with your cropping the forehead. I really liked the glamour aspect in #1 and #2.

#3 doesn't really do it for because of the lighting.

Overall, the shots are great and these would easily take the place of honor in any magazine.

It helps when you have a superb professional model, but then again, all Lindsay's are hot! ;)

PS: You have a HUGE portfolio on your website!

wow...what a nice series! Simply pro shots...

Azmi said:
I like the 3 shots and same goes with me on the 2nd one. Nice shot. Mind sharing your flash set ups? Thanks and great shots!!

For #1 & #2, I use a tunsten light from the side.

For #3, I use a strobe with a (beauty dish) reflector from the front, top-down.

Thanks!

Thanks everybody!

Lindsay Tan said:
I can guarantee you the model's NOT me. ;)

Very nice shots! I like the tight composure and I agree with your cropping the forehead. I really liked the glamour aspect in #1 and #2.

#3 doesn't really do it for because of the lighting.

Overall, the shots are great and these would easily take the place of honor in any magazine.

It helps when you have a superb professional model, but then again, all Lindsay's are hot! ;)

PS: You have a HUGE portfolio on your website!

Hi Lindsay!! Thanks! This Lindsay in these pictures is a fairly new model. Give me a tiny little bit of credit lah! ;p But she's definitely hot! Yeah I mean, all Lindsay's are hot! :bsmilie:

Thanks for dropping by my website! There are some more weddings I have yet to upload...

I hope to do some magazine shoots soon too! ;p

jfoo said:
the uncropped head version looks good but my personal preference would be to add a little more hair (maybe another 5mm or so) and to balance up the bottom, the same margin added.

Yes I would prefer a bit more hair to balance it up too...that's why it would not be a shot I would select.

Great series. Only thing is the distracting is the hair at her lips in #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.