Lin Zhiling photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for sharing the link. Most of the models are pretty easy on the eyes. Technique-wise not great, on par with some of the guys here only.

Sigh.....he is an hobbyist like us. Not a pro, so I wouldnt go scrutinize his techniques. Met him in Taiwan before, in 1 of the shows. Very well informed guy in terms of the events.

I've met Albert in Taiwan before too. He's quite a decent chap. His photo album was featured in a couple of newspapers there back in 2004 for his extensive coverage of trade shows at the Taipei World Trade Centre. I think he's the official photographer for the Chiling fan club, cos he's always around during the activities. ^^

TMC said:
Sigh.....he is an hobbyist like us. Not a pro, so I wouldnt go scrutinize his techniques. Met him in Taiwan before, in 1 of the shows. Very well informed guy in terms of the events.

I second that. His finishing is quite good already compared to some CS members. The best thing is he gets to shoot LZL. Unlike us photographing short and normal looking models.....

actually just glancing at his pictures thumbnails....
he is pretty good at covering event.

his photography techiques realli good. i would comment on his flash techniques. very spot on. something which i have been training for months....

:)

of all the hokkien words used in SG, "chio" must be one of the most digusting one. To use it on a girl is to liken her as chicken. suck! :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

This brings up a point... Is 'chio' even a Hokkien word at all???
I've never heard it spoken in other Hokkien-speaking places actually.

Allegro said:
of all the hokkien words used in SG, "chio" must be one of the most digusting one. To use it on a girl is to liken her as chicken. suck! :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

is chio even a proper hokkien?

oeyvind said:
is chio even a proper hokkien?

ever heard any teochew, cantonese, etc use such phrase meh?
(no, not even A*Bian - Hokkien, TW version)

So if it's not even a proper term of any dialect, there isn't any actual correct meaning to it right? So why would it be disgusting to use the word? :dunno:
Even if taken to extreme, isn't the meaning of the phrase just up to the individual who use the word?

i think taiwanese use yandao for guys and swee for girls?? chio..dunno where it came from:dunno:

ptwong said:
thanks for sharing the link. Most of the models are pretty easy on the eyes. Technique-wise not great, on par with some of the guys here only.
I thought the guys here are pretty good... hehe ;p

Prismatic said:
So if it's not even a proper term of any dialect, there isn't any actual correct meaning to it right? So why would it be disgusting to use the word? :dunno:
Even if taken to extreme, isn't the meaning of the phrase just up to the individual who use the word?

Disgusting because this was what that old hokkien man in our kumpong (many years back, btw) used to describe his chickens whenever the chickens got into a fight. "WOW! that black one is very chio ah!!" (his SG hokkien was really rough)

anyway, nvm ... if you don't mind yr sis or gf being labeled as chio, by all means

actually 'chio' means the gal is sexually very attractive.
somehow over the yrs, the word 'chio' became an adjective for very pretty.
-shrugz- :dunno:

sure you can choose what you want to believe :bsmilie:

Allegro said:
Disgusting because this was what that old hokkien man in our kumpong (many years back, btw) used to describe his chickens whenever the chickens got into a fight. "WOW! that black one is very chio ah!!" (his SG hokkien was really rough)

anyway, nvm ... if you don't mind yr sis or gf being labeled as chio, by all means
Have to see where the person is coming from. If he uses it to describe your sister as pretty, I dont see why now? It is just like African Americans using "She is my bitch" to say that the girl is my GF, some can take it, some cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.