• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Lime Light...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
SniperD said:
yeah man.. this is good.. a little.... low res dun you think my fren.. nevery the less, I like the concept behind it. alternative Monroe :thumbsup:
You know why i saved it at low res right? ;)

But thanks for your compliments. :)

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Wolfgang said:
Something from some time ago... constructive comments & crits are welcome...

Cheers :)
Hmm, did I see wrongly.. the face seem a little out of focus, right?
This concept and color tones is :thumbsup:

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com
hi wolfgang

this is nice, the mood and feel is very fitting for this photo. i believe i've seen this before.

however, one thing i must say is,

as much as the picture is nice, IMHO, there lacks a communication between me and the picture. there is a model there and the lighting and all and the dress and all and the makeup and all is perfect.. but what's the focus ? (no i'm not talking about misfocusing or out of focus or what.. ) is the focus on the dress, or is the focus on the face ?

if the focus is on the face - it's not prominent enough for me to notice it

if the focus is on the dress - it's not as well exposed as the face is and i can't put my attention on it

if the focus is on the whole model - there's a mood and feel to it that makes it a good image. but it'd probably serve better as an intermediate image in between a sequence/series of fashion images, rather than as a standalone prominent image.

just my 2 cents... don't take offence..

but hey, good shot, i don't think i can reproduce that kind of shot anyway.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
sequitur said:
hi wolfgang

this is nice, the mood and feel is very fitting for this photo. i believe i've seen this before.

however, one thing i must say is,

as much as the picture is nice, IMHO, there lacks a communication between me and the picture. there is a model there and the lighting and all and the dress and all and the makeup and all is perfect.. but what's the focus ? (no i'm not talking about misfocusing or out of focus or what.. ) is the focus on the dress, or is the focus on the face ?

if the focus is on the face - it's not prominent enough for me to notice it

if the focus is on the dress - it's not as well exposed as the face is and i can't put my attention on it

if the focus is on the whole model - there's a mood and feel to it that makes it a good image. but it'd probably serve better as an intermediate image in between a sequence/series of fashion images, rather than as a standalone prominent image.

just my 2 cents... don't take offence..

but hey, good shot, i don't think i can reproduce that kind of shot anyway.
Hey man;

none taken. In fact, i do appreciate the comments and you, together with everyone else taking the time out to share your POVs. You guess are right. The face is a touch soft but well, this focus was the dress by Frederick Lee so yeah, the softness does show. Valid point about the dress not being properly exposed though, since i had only the stage light to rely on. :embrass:

Once again, many thanks. :)

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
I think I have seen this before. I believe you did post this before or something similiar to this.....

Anyway would like to know what is your concept and theme first. Thanks!

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Pro Image said:
I think I have seen this before. I believe you did post this before or something similiar to this.....

Anyway would like to know what is your concept and theme first. Thanks!
Yeah, i did post something similar to this before.

The theme? Cabaret! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom