Lim Chu Kang Air Field is it opened to Public?

The air base itself is not open, however this particular road in question is accessible to public. What you see here is an "Alternate Runway" exercise conducted by the RSAF for contingency measures. I can't say much here, but the name and nature of the exercise itself should be able to tell you something.

Loads of cyclists cycle there every weekends. More kick than cycling along east coast park, ie if you can stand the smell from the chicken farm and the thought of the cemetery along the entire stretch.

the air force just wants to show off to the chicken farmers that their birds can fly, unlike those they rear :)

i thought everyone knows about this "secret" runway.

imagine the theme to Top Gun playing as the planes take off

[video=youtube;zCTJmXrgsFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg[/video]

imagine the theme to Top Gun playing as the planes take off

[video=youtube;zCTJmXrgsFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg[/video]

i wonder if RSAF has pilots with callsign Maverick, Goose and Iceman. that would be so EPIC.

i wonder if RSAF has pilots with callsign Maverick, Goose and Iceman. that would be so EPIC.

Nah..... It would be better if they had Ark (goose) and Peng Lang (Iceman) (dunno what is the hokkien for Maverick).

No. These are reserved C/s cannot use one LOL.

Anyway, LCK and TAB runway faces north/south, where the prevailing winds always blow. Headwind allows slower finals speed and also lower ground speed on takeoff ...

Additionally I have noticed several highways in Tuas area which are 4 lanes wide and very very long...hmm...just an observation

No. These are reserved C/s cannot use one LOL.

Anyway, LCK and TAB runway faces north/south, where the prevailing winds always blow. Headwind allows slower finals speed and also lower ground speed on takeoff ...

Very interesting to see. I love to see how the awacs locked its wings up on the runway

Additionally I have noticed several highways in Tuas area which are 4 lanes wide and very very long...hmm...just an observation

remembered when manning the 'Supergate' one facing the big expressway where car racers gather to have races..that place is pretty open..then again..im talking 2000..back then they already have exercise like these.

dun remember seeing public gather around.

remembered when manning the 'Supergate' one facing the big expressway where car racers gather to have races..that place is pretty open..then again..im talking 2000..back then they already have exercise like these.

dun remember seeing public gather around.

did you guys from FDS drive the FOD
sweeper ?

That stretch of long wide road is just like a normal public road during normal day.
When driving there often have a temptation to drive faster n faster due to clear long straight road... maybe also due to the dark quiet area at night along the road, want get out fast.
Sometime TP will have mobile speed trap there.

That stretch of long wide road is just like a normal public road during normal day.
When driving there often have a temptation to drive faster n faster due to clear long straight road... maybe also due to the dark quiet area at night along the road, want get out fast.
Sometime TP will have mobile speed trap there.

cannot drive fast fast lah, lot of cyclists and trucks.

FYI, there is also another "secret" runway at ECP, just behind Bedok Camps. :)
Common misconception. That is not a runway but rather a landing zone / staging area for helicopters from the RSAF 125, 126 and 127 Squadron (SQN).

Just imagine how many helicopters are required by the heliborne guards element, not just for the 7th Singapore Infantry Brigade (SIB) alone but the entire 21st Division (21 DIV) Rapid Deployment Force (RDF).

I did not reek any grassified information here.

Last edited:
In a war or in the stages leading to war, an enemy would disable known military runways.

Sweden has a design concept of short-field launch from dispersed/improvised air fields for jet fighters.
The JAS 39 can take off from snow-covered landing strips 800-metres long.

VTOL jets don't see widespread use. Non jet VTOL carriers like propeller based Osprey can be used.

In a war or in the stages leading to war, an enemy would disable known military runways.

Sweden has a design concept of short-field launch from dispersed/improvised air fields for jet fighters.
The JAS 39 can take off from snow-covered landing strips 800-metres long.

VTOL jets don't see widespread use. Non jet VTOL carriers like propeller based Osprey can be used.
You care so much for what.

Our Top Secret Gundams will rise up from Mandai and destroy our enemies.