Lilly after storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishing

May 31, 2007
I was at Bintan for a short break...
And started snapping pictures.
I am using a budget camera (Finepix 601)
nothing spectacular but wanting to make the best out of a cheap camera.
it was raining heavily that morning and after the storm subsided i saw a battered lilly.. the petals looks ruffled but the centre part of the flower seems bright and sunny ... i wanted to show a theme of peace within a stormy surrounding or peace and calmness after a storm is the most beautiful... Please C&C
521643578_3129616ace.jpg

Looks a little shaken by da downpour but the stem and petals r still straight & stiff showing it's tenacity to survive da storm.
Just like life. :thumbsup:
Nice job done.:)

Looks a little shaken by da downpour but the stem and petals r still straight & stiff showing it's tenacity to survive da storm.
Just like life. :thumbsup:
Nice job done.:)

THanks for the kind comments..
here's a closer shot too
521646130_fec30139b6.jpg

I like how the flower really seems to glow and stand out from the leaves. Though the perspective doesn't really seem very flattering to me. Maybe something higher and top-down view - not necessarily right on top would be better. Although perhaps you are limited by the fact that lilies grow in ponds.. :bsmilie:

Still - nice shot dude! =) Especially when you take into account that you are using a P&S.

I like how the flower really seems to glow and stand out from the leaves. Though the perspective doesn't really seem very flattering to me. Maybe something higher and top-down view - not necessarily right on top would be better. Although perhaps you are limited by the fact that lilies grow in ponds.. :bsmilie:

Still - nice shot dude! =) Especially when you take into account that you are using a P&S.

:) Thanks! yeah simply love my digicam...altho i am still planning for my professional cam (spent too much on fishing gear liao) ...i will go with fuji finepix maybe the S2

:) Thanks! yeah simply love my digicam...altho i am still planning for my professional cam (spent too much on fishing gear liao) ...i will go with fuji finepix maybe the S2
Good luck! If you can do good shots with a P&S - you bet you'd do marvelous ones with a DSLR. Hope you get it soon and we can see more works from you. And I bet you'd have fun with whatever DSLR you get.. =)

Good luck! If you can do good shots with a P&S - you bet you'd do marvelous ones with a DSLR. Hope you get it soon and we can see more works from you. And I bet you'd have fun with whatever DSLR you get.. =)

:thumbsup: Thanks! really appreciate the encouragements!!!

I tried to focust deep into the inside of the Lily to capture the "motion" the pollen stems looks as if they are moving like a coral ... comments?
5yhx20m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.