Lijiang Travel Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizzard

Mar 7, 2009
Bkt Timah
I am planning to travel to Lijiang for a short break next month. Apparently, it is designated as one of the World Heritage site by UNESCO and I look forward to the cool weather and nice photo opportunities there.

I need advice on a good hotel there which is located at or very near the ancient city. Was tempted to book the Banyan Tree but understand it is located away from the old city. Any ideas which is a good 5 star hotel at or very near the ancient city?

Thanks!

you have posted in wrong section bro...:)

pls re-locate your thread to Travel Photography section .... it will surely garner more feedback as forumers who are travel addicts will always check in there.

top right corner of your thread you will find 'Thread Tools'.... use that function to move the thread

bro daredevil , kuantoh and a couple of others should be a fountain of information

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572362
best of luck !!

Last edited:
Got 5 Star

丽江悦榕庄
Banyan Tree Lijiang

Very nice and done some photo shoot inside.

丽江官房大酒店(花园别墅区)
Guanfang Hotel

I currently book on 官房 for my Dec photo trip. ;)

HTH

Got 5 Star

丽江悦榕庄
Banyan Tree Lijiang

Very nice and done some photo shoot inside.

丽江官房大酒店(花园别墅区)
Guanfang Hotel

I currently book on 官房 for my Dec photo trip. ;)

HTH

I never actually stayed at Guanfang, but been there for xmas dinner on my stay in Lijiang. The hotel looks very beautiful, and certainly one of the classier hotels in Lijiang.

IIRC, Banyan Tree Lijiang is amongst the most expensive hotel in China, but it's located on the foothills of YuLong, so might be a little too far.

I never actually stayed at Guanfang, but been there for xmas dinner on my stay in Lijiang. The hotel looks very beautiful, and certainly one of the classier hotels in Lijiang.

IIRC, Banyan Tree Lijiang is amongst the most expensive hotel in China, but it's located on the foothills of YuLong, so might be a little too far.

Guanfang is quite cool as compare with Banyan. :cool:

Can try Conifer as I heard from friend not bad.

I will be at Banyan Tree Lijiang on Oct 28 on a media visit. If u can wait, i can give an update after my stay. :)

Lijiang is combined with nature in an organic and integral unity. It is built on the hillsides of three mountains.Tile-roofed houses are arranged closely side by side within the brace of green mounts, where the common people's residences, simple in shape and elegant in decoration, draw wide attention.

Stayed at Conifer for the past few trips, the staff there are .. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The hotel also absorbed the 80RMB environment fees when you enter Lijiang Shuhe ..:lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.