LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesecake said:
no worries. but i bet ur pro fren has not used the lightsphere as often and as long as i did.

Cheese,
U are really passionate abt the item. Know the item so well. Gary shd employ u to become his sales rep. Sure gd investment.

But really. Cheese, u are a gd classic example of how a sales person shd be. If every camera shop has pp like u who speak with such conviction and knowledge like u, many photographers would make an informed choice. With pp who speak with such conviction, I am sure, sales will be gd. Unfortunately, this is not the case in most shops

no prob Cheescake san. Peace be unto all.

CreaXion said:
Cheese,
U are really passionate abt the item. Know the item so well. Gary shd employ u to become his sales rep. Sure gd investment.

But really. Cheese, u are a gd classic example of how a sales person shd be. If every camera shop has pp like u who speak with such conviction and knowledge like u, many photographers would make an informed choice. With pp who speak with such conviction, I am sure, sales will be gd. Unfortunately, this is not the case in most shops
no worries.

And has anyone watched the video I posted links for?

Watch it first, to learn relation of distance from camera to subject and light source size.

sehsuan said:
And has anyone watched the video I posted links for?

Watch it first, to learn relation of distance from camera to subject and light source size.

Not enough bandwidth. Keep stalling. Gave up.

If you want to miss a great lesson on lighting, I'm not stopping you. Hopefully you will try to download the video at work. The video covers the "how" to do portraits, The Sporting News way, by Robert Seale. Most websites online only have photos + words, videos are not frequently found.

My SCV connection gave no problem. Are you on Singnet Broadband?

Must I always need to put this :bsmilie: this :sweatsm: or this ;p to let other knows that I'm telling something funny??

sehsuan said:
If you want to miss a great lesson on lighting, I'm not stopping you. Hopefully you will try to download the video at work. The video covers the "how" to do portraits, The Sporting News way, by Robert Seale. Most websites online only have photos + words, videos are not frequently found.

My SCV connection gave no problem. Are you on Singnet Broadband?

Yeah. Singnet.

Pleasure's mine. I forgot I downloaded the Joey Terrill tutorial before. Isn't it fun to understand how simple it is regarding lighting the subject after watching? ;)

Another thing not to forget... remember that lines travel in straight lines. Each time you look at a photo... trace backwards where the shadows to the edge is, then you can reconstruct where the light source roughly is, along with the size.

catchlights said:
Must I always need to put this :bsmilie: this :sweatsm: or this ;p to let other knows that I'm telling something funny??

Bro, only photographers will get the joke lar......too many IT people in here who is too serious. Trust me, I got the joke the minute you posted on the swivel thingy......:bsmilie:

Pro Image said:
Bro, only photographers will get the joke lar......too many IT people in here who is too serious. Trust me, I got the joke the minute you posted on the swivel thingy......:bsmilie:
Thank goodness, else I'll feel so boring in CS.

Ok, back to the LS thingy,
This thing is invented by a wedding photographer, and use by many wedding photographers, so no doubt it works well in event shooting.

But, still a lot of photographers are not into it. All I can said it is up to individual, but to me, this is the best thing that I can find now, been shooting countless weddings, have used omnibounce, ceiling bounce, small bounce card, big bounce card, now settle for this.

And the most important is, like what Pro Image says, understand the basic lighting techniques to light up a subject.

There is no way that if you put on the LS on your flash, your pictures will be perfect.
Remember this, the LS is just a diffuser, not a magic wand.

catchlights said:
Ok, back to the LS thingy,
This thing is invented by a wedding photographer, and use by many wedding photographers, so no doubt it works well in event shooting.

But, still a lot of photographers are not into it. All I can said it is up to individual, but to me, this is the best thing that I can find now, been shooting countless weddings, have used omnibounce, ceiling bounce, small bounce card, big bounce card, now settle for this.

And the most important is, like what Pro Image says, understand the basic lighting techniques to light up a subject.

There is no way that if you put on the LS on your flash, your pictures will be perfect.
Remember this, the LS is just a diffuser, not a magic wand.

Yep and don't forget if you are shooting a wedding/event, your reaction has to be much faster pace. Not saying using a LS is not visible but most important is each and every individual photographer has their own way to light up their subjects.

Some says LS is like a miracle and some says it's too clumsy. I have seen photographer using LS without using the dome. Some have modified in a way to suit their style of shooting.

Depends on your style of lighting up your subject. Some like to use LS as side light, some top light/bounce light and some just direct but diffused. There are not right or wrong in using any camera/flash accessories but should at least know basic guidelines.

Yes, LS is use without the dome most of the time, the dome is meant for use in low ceiling and aim direct.

Actually the LS is not an orginal idea, during the days of SB28, many photographers been using omnibounce, and some photographers find the omnibounce has limitations, some try cut away the top of omnibounce, some try using a polyform coffee cup.
only about one or two years back the LS is been invented by Gary Fong, thanks to him, else some of us still shooting with a coffee cup.

catchlights said:
Yes, LS is use without the dome most of the time, the dome is meant for use in low ceiling and aim direct.

Actually the LS is not an orginal idea, during the days of SB28, many photographers been using omnibounce, and some photographers find the omnibounce has limitations, some try cut away the top of omnibounce, some try using a polyform coffee cup.
only about one or two years back the LS is been invented by Gary Fong, thanks to him, else some of us still shooting with a coffee cup.

My friend shoot with socks, tissue last time to diffuse the light.:)

Thanks for the information though. Informative enough for me to buy the item. Any pics of how it looks without the dome?

Status
Not open for further replies.