Lights

decennia

Sep 12, 2008
Singapore, Serangoon
4530094909_5a286f67d6_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Would like feedback on the composition for this photo. Am also wondering if the buildings are underexposed. anyone?

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
showcase vibrant lights in clark quay

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
took this at about 8pm.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
looks good other then the small flare on the left corner. or so i think.

thanks.

just my 2cents, flare is distracting, does not add interest in the image, zoom more on the building, get the horizon straight, i like the exposure overall, except for the building...

keep on shooting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/echomambo/

decennia said:
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Would like feedback on the composition for this photo. Am also wondering if the buildings are underexposed. anyone?

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
showcase vibrant lights in clark quay

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
took this at about 8pm.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
looks good other then the small flare on the left corner. or so i think.

thanks.

1. The buildings are definitely underexposed.
The composition is also off. Buildings are all tilted to the left... a big no-no...
The railing at the bottom left of the frame adds nothing to the image, especially that 'blob' on the center-bottom.

2. If the intention is to showcase the vibrant lights, wouldn't a much much tigher crop around the shophouses and their colourful lights be better?

4. The flare is not small at all... in fact it extends diagonally across the entire frame. Look at the water... There's some spots of flare there as well.

Flares are seriously distracting..i personally dont like..lolz..

My personal pov is that u can zoom in closer to the buildings and the reflections for a better picture.. To me the barrier at bottom left corner looks unappealing too..cos showing it small at the side seems to not to be an important feature..

tt's all.. cheers!!

1. The buildings are definitely underexposed.
The composition is also off. Buildings are all tilted to the left... a big no-no...
The railing at the bottom left of the frame adds nothing to the image, especially that 'blob' on the center-bottom.

2. If the intention is to showcase the vibrant lights, wouldn't a much much tigher crop around the shophouses and their colourful lights be better?

4. The flare is not small at all... in fact it extends diagonally across the entire frame. Look at the water... There's some spots of flare there as well.

Flares are seriously distracting..i personally dont like..lolz..

My personal pov is that u can zoom in closer to the buildings and the reflections for a better picture.. To me the barrier at bottom left corner looks unappealing too..cos showing it small at the side seems to not to be an important feature..

tt's all.. cheers!!

4545160877_3f1cb4287f.jpg

With regards to the comments, would this be better? cropped it and adjusted angle. comments much appreciated. thanks a lot.

Last edited:
4545160877_3f1cb4287f.jpg

With regards to the comments, would this be better? cropped it and adjusted angle. comments much appreciated. thanks a lot.

Arh~~ Slightly better to me.. thou more can be done next time if you happen to be that area for shooting again..
If i were you i might try to take the photo from the stairs at the left as seen from ur original foto.. cos if you shoot from tt angle u might get a different perspective. Perhaps nicer, perhaps not. But its worth trying since u so near to that place liao. haha.

My best guess is tt if u shoot from the stairs (or somewhere there), those shop houses will kinda like come closer together..
something like http://www.flickr.com/photos/mdsimages/3046401791/
not my foto, just happen to see it.

Then u got leading line that leads our eyes from the front to the back row of shophouses.. maybe is better baz.

Cheers!!!