Lightroom

Andrei78

Aug 18, 2014
Mountbatten, Singapore
Am looking for lightroom software for editing.

Where should I get the cheaper version? Original is over $150..:eek:

Go online to adobe.com and get the best deal you can get legally which also throw in Photoshop CC, Bridge CC along with Lightroom 5.6 CC as well.. all for just S$13.00 per month. For that you get all the updates and when it gets upgraded to a newer version you are entitled too. But note for Lightroom it would make a lot of sense and if you want smooth performance you should have 64bit Windows and at least 8 gig or 16 gig of ram is not you might be in a world of hurt with performance and hanging. Macs are already 64bit and most likely have 8 gig of ram if not get more.. 16 gig would be just fine) These software application are very memory and CPU intensive so don't blame this on being just a PC issue. Do not believe what they claim a minimum computer system with 4 gig ram need to run them is BS.

BTW...Best deal you can ever have just like Microsoft's Office 365 suite which is just S$13.80 per month and you get to share it with 5 ppl on PC/Mac and 5 more on Android or iOS.

No need to think about pirated copies anymore... the real deal is great. And they all come with FREE cloud for the adobe and the Microsotf s/w so your work can get save in the cloud and shared to your various devices. ForAdobe you can share that with your PC and a ipad for example so you can edit on the move. This is the way to go as more software are taking this month payment route and the price is not bad and a bargain really.

And no I am not getting money from this companies. Have been a subscriber since last Spetember 2013. CLUBSNAP is already promoting the Adobe package here as it is... just look up at the banner and you would see it.

Last edited:
There are a number of free software for use. Eg GIMP, Picasa, Lightzone etc

You can also try RAWTherapee (Windows, Linux and Mac), which is similar to Lightroom. Can edit and has some basic library management, but certain functions might not be as easy to use. There's also Darktable (Linux, Mac), which is also another Lightroom alternative.

These are free alternatives, but they have steeper learning curves and are generally slower than Lightroom. They have some more advanced stuff than Lightroom (and lag behind in other functions), but you need to know how to make use of them to get the best results.

I've found that Lightroom still works the best for me, but if you really don't want to pay for Lightroom, these are your only options

I think Lightzone comes closest to Lightroom.

And I got it for $90 locally...
That's a good price. Is that available to the public or special pricing?
The lowest I've seen is $72USD which is about $90SGD with current exchange rates.
Care to share where to get it cheap locally?

just curious.
im already running LR 4.4... if i want to upgrade to LR5 .. do i need to purchase the LR5 or it will auto upgrade? is price the same with new one and upgrade?

just curious.
im already running LR 4.4... if i want to upgrade to LR5 .. do i need to purchase the LR5 or it will auto upgrade? is price the same with new one and upgrade?

U need to buy a upgrade.

just curious.
Adobe website states it clearly.
Every new major release requires a new licenses. If you have already a license for LR v4 (or earlier) then you can purchase the cheaper upgrade license to v5.
After purchasing the license (e.g. online) you can download the installer and run the installation. There is no auto upgrade. LR5 will do a conversion of your existing catalog (so do create a backup) and ask you for a new file name. After this, you can de-install the LR4 program.

That's a good price. Is that available to the public or special pricing?
The lowest I've seen is $72USD which is about $90SGD with current exchange rates.
Care to share where to get it cheap locally?

Public. From the distributor. Not that it matters anymore, especially with the new subscription model.

Wanted to sign up for this Adobe bundle, but already have LR5. ... then monthly still pay same rate, like not worth it..... kekeke. ...
Btw. the link in CS.... if we sign up using the link, CS got commission? Don't mind signing up using the link if have. Support support.

Wanted to sign up for this Adobe bundle, but already have LR5. ... then monthly still pay same rate, like not worth it..... kekeke. ...
Btw. the link in CS.... if we sign up using the link, CS got commission? Don't mind signing up using the link if have. Support support.

Not really commission. Those ads are driven by Google ads.

no commission, if I'm not wrong, this is pay per click, as long you (consumers) click on those ads, regardless you buy or not buying the advertisers' service or products, advertisers will pay Google for each click they get. Places like ClubSNAP just providing a ad space to Google, Yahoo or Bing etc...

Not really commission. Those ads are driven by Google ads.

Bro should talk to Adobe..... CS members sign up from the link, CS get a cut..... believe loads of overseas site are like that.... like our "famous" Ken Rock "very" well...... :)

no commission, if I'm not wrong, this is pay per click, as long you (consumers) click on those ads, regardless you buy or not buying the advertisers' service or products, advertisers will pay Google for each click they get. Places like ClubSNAP just providing a ad space to Google, Yahoo or Bing etc...

huh... pay to Google..... alamak..... if pay to CS.... I everyday come in click a few times.....

Bro should talk to Adobe..... CS members sign up from the link, CS get a cut..... believe loads of overseas site are like that.... like our "famous" Ken Rock "very" well...... :)
Ken Rockwell do earn some commissions from Amazon, Adorama, and B&H when the readers purchase products thru the links in his site.