Some tech specs: It only works in Lightroom 3. It’s based on a 12×12 inch paper size. There’s room for 16 photos in it which makes a really nice way to show off a portrait or engagement session.
Here’s how it works: First download and import the new print template. Look at the directions below and make sure you DON’T install this in the Develop module like you do the rest of the presets. In the Print module, go to User Presets and select the new template. It’ll show a blank page and all you have to do is drag your photos from the filmstrip into it.
Here’s a few samples (Click for a larger version).
(White Thin Border Preset)
(White Thick Border Preset)
(Black Thick Border Preset)
Also, here’s some other samples from the last preset, so you can see what it looks like with different photos as well as with the Photo Border option (in the Print module) turned off and on.
(Photo Border option turned off)
(Photo Border option turned on, Page Background Color set to white)
(Photo Border option turned on, Page Background Color set to black)
Customize – you can also customize this one by changing the “Page Background Color” option (which is in the “Page” panel in the lower right side of the Print module), as well as the Photo Border settings.
These are a little different to install than your usual Develop presets:
1) Click here to download the preset.
2) Unzip the preset zip file on to your desktop
3) Go to the PRINT MODULE (NOTE: THESE ARE NOT DEVELOP PRESETS SO DON’T INSTALL THEM THERE!)
4) Go to the Template Browser on the left. Right click on the words User Presets and choose “Import“.
5) Select the .lrtemplate file you unzipped in Step 1 and click Import (NOTE: DO NOT IMPORT THE ZIP FILE)