LightRoom on 2 computers.

Ferderico

Mar 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Guys,

just wanna seek your workflow when you use Lightroom on 2 computers.

basically i have a IMAC at home and macbook @ work.
I wanna use the macbook to do selection, rating, flagged - while the IMAC is for editing.

how do I sync the catalog between the 2 without removing the previous catalog?

thanks in advance.

excuse my broken english....

Yeah I would like to know as well, my guess is that you may have to store your images on an external drive and change your LR paths to that drive.

you may want to try sharing folders on your iMac with your mbp. Not sure if it works but you can try that.

Yeah I would like to know as well, my guess is that you may have to store your images on an external drive and change your LR paths to that drive.

that is one feasible method but transferring from 1 USB2 HDD to another takes way too long...
i was thinking if there is a easier way....

1 way which i google about is to create a new catalog for each folder... but that will kinda mess up my current catalog. esp when I am doing other catalog photos...

that is one feasible method but transferring from 1 USB2 HDD to another takes way too long...
i was thinking if there is a easier way....

1 way which i google about is to create a new catalog for each folder... but that will kinda mess up my current catalog. esp when I am doing other catalog photos...

You can create a new catalogue for each project, then subsequently merge it back to your main catalogue after you are done with your changes.

This is my workflow. Works well for me. Assume that your external HDD is F:
Create a folder "photo" in the external HDD, i.e F:\Photos
Create your catalog in "photo", i.e. F:\Photos\catalog
Save all your photos in different folders in F:\Photos, e.g F:\Photos\Portraits, F:\Photos\NightPhotography, etc

In all your PC with LR installed, just navigate to F:\Photos\catalog and open your .LRCAT catalog file.
This works if you had planned for it in the first place. Otherwise it will be painful to change. And it works for me, but may not be suitable for all.