Lightroom Lens correction for multiple lens on import?

Ming1388

Jul 30, 2013
Singapore, Orchard
Hi all,

Need some help from all the light room experts here. I have been searching all over but not able to find an automated way of automatically applying lens correction on import.

I normally shoot a day with a couple of lens, 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200. My question is when I import the photos in my memory card. How do I get lightroom to automatically detect the lens profile and apply the correction on distortion/vignetting.

All the things I read seem to need me to select each photo in developer mode and apply it by clicking on it. Is there a way I can get this automatically done across all my photos and for lightroom to apply not one but the correct lens profile to the ones I taken with the specific lens.

Thanks again in advance

Much appreciated

You can create custom preset and apply to the photos while you import them, but not sure will it apply the correct lens profile to each images that yet to find out, since I have not done this before.

however, you can use Library filter to sort the images by lens, and go to Develop module and apply the lens profile to any one of the sorted photos and sync them.

hope this help.

Thanks for the Advice CatchLight.

I'm currently using the method you suggested by filtering in Library. Just wanted to see if there was a more automated way since I'm sure there are lots of people swap lenses during a shoot and if there was a simpler way to correct all the pics beforehand.

Many thanks

Wow great thanks Kandinsky,

Let me try this at home tonight. Will update and let you all know